Gaming competitions

Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts | 0+
So do you guys hold any PC competitions? I would love to play some games with you all sometime!

We don't hold many competitions really, but we do get together for onling gaming at times.

Just keep an eye on this subforum (online multiplayer gaming meetings). I know several of us will post if we're playing Steam-based games (Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead).

AWESOME! Don't have L4D (personally I hated it, but that's another story :p ) but I'm all down for some TF2 or CS:GO

Hated Left 4 Dead?! Blasphemy!! :p

You must have not been playing with a good party....

We do play CS: Source, CS: Global Offensive, and Team Fortress 2 regularly!

Grindspine said:
Hated Left 4 Dead?! Blasphemy!! :p

You must have not been playing with a good party....

We do play CS: Source, CS: Global Offensive, and Team Fortress 2 regularly!
Going off topic for a second here, but I'll just tell you my "philosophy" on L4D and the whole zombie genre itself. First off let me say that I love anything zombie related. I have since I was a little kid, but the whole zombie genre is changing, and for the better if you ask me, and L4D just didn't keep up with it. Nowadays it's not so much about pure zombie slaying it's about the humanity, the survival not only from the undead/infected but from other survivors and from the elements. Games like DayZ and shows like The Walking Dead have picked up on this and have done it very well. There's a massive unexplored depth to the genre that has barely been looked into and to me L4D was just playing it safe in the shallow end of the pool.

OK there's my 2 cents :p Sorry for you people who love L4D I'm just not a fan. Oh and by the way I did own both of them so I'm talking out of experience too. I don't just rant about games I never played haha

Perhaps I view Left 4 Dead differently. It was the first team-based game that required you to make decisions like when to leave a team mate behind to die or when to go back and save them. It is difficult to run ahead and make it on your own when a single special infected can incapacitate any one survivor. I have never played another FPS game that really required one to look out for their team mates like L4D requires. It brought a team-based play to the genre that really required cooperation.

Grindspine said:
Perhaps I view Left 4 Dead differently. It was the first team-based game that required you to make decisions like when to leave a team mate behind to die or when to go back and save them. It is difficult to run ahead and make it on your own when a single special infected can incapacitate any one survivor. I have never played another FPS game that really required one to look out for their team mates like L4D requires. It brought a team-based play to the genre that really required cooperation.

Yeah in that sense it is different from many zombie slaying games out there, but as I said the genre is changing and they went with the old proven "kill as many zombies as you can and don't die" method instead of taking a big chance like the DayZ mod. Now I know DayZ is not anywhere near perfect, but it sure is a step in the right direction. In L4D you're always armed somehow whether it be you pistol, a machine gun, or a chainsaw but in DayZ you feel extremely vulnerable and at the mercy of the hoard and other survivors.

OK I'm just going to stop myself there because I'm analyzing this way more than I should :p It's like arguing Battlefield vs. CoD you'll have fans of either end ripping at each other XD It's true that L4D does have many redeeming factors to it, but I still think it was a bit too "safe" if you know what I mean. Just my personal opinion. I truly mean no offence to any L4D fans out there!

Add me to steam if you haven't: Bluevoodu

GS and I will invite you to games and stuff.

†B†V† :hat