Favorite "PS1" Game?

I like all of the PS1 Final Fantasy games, and the Digimon games have a special place in my heart.

Silent Hill and Resident Evil! :D FF7, FF8, and Sled Storm! PS1 may be my favorite console of all time, there are way too many goodies to name from that system. :D

GamingMaiden said:
Silent Hill and Resident Evil! :D FF7, FF8, and Sled Storm! PS1 may be my favorite console of all time, there are way too many goodies to name from that system. :D
Sled Storm was cool :lol I completely forgot about that game...

BV :hat

Too many games to mention but I'll name a few:
  • Tekken 2 & 3
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Syphon Filter
  • WWF Smackdown!
  • Silent Hill
I played the hell outta those games!

Bman409 said:
Too many games to mention but I'll name a few:
  • Tekken 2 & 3
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Syphon Filter
  • WWF Smackdown!
  • Silent Hill
I played the hell outta those games!

NO KIDDING! you used the Paul avatar for a long time. BTW... Grindspine and I have been playing a lot of Tekken 6... such a great game.

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
NO KIDDING! you used the Paul avatar for a long time. BTW... Grindspine and I have been playing a lot of Tekken 6... such a great game.

†B†V† :hat

Damn Bv, you actually remember my Paul avatar? I was like in love with that character back in the day.

X-Men Mutant Academy 2
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro
SpongeBob Squarepants SuperSponge
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Rocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue

Those are the games I spent hours and hours of my my time playing, years ago.
The PS1 was a great system.

I saw this thread and I have been thinking about the PS1 all this week. And I am finding it very difficult to pinpoint a favorite game on the system. The system had such a variety of genres and I enjoyed the diversity. I credit the PS1 for finally getting me into RPGs, a genre that I had avoided for years due to the fact that they looked boring in the pics magazines showed. From that point I had to go back and start to play old SNES RPGs, what I missed was a lot. Every RPG that I could get my hands on I tried after that.

Memories of Tekken 3, Crash, Klonoa, Musashi, Wipeout, Ridge Racer, Shoooters like R-Type Delta,etc, and the RPGs all combine into the PS1 experience for me. Thinking of that system during its "hey day" brings back a flood of games into my mind. The PS1 was something different that changed my gaming perspective. It was during a time of transition in the gaming world. A good time as technology in gaming advanced with excitement and a sad time, as I watched Sega loose its way (oops that is for another thread). ::D

Good Memories here for this system. :)

Bman409 said:
darn Bv, you actually remember my Paul avatar? I was like in love with that character back in the day.
:lol yes... I think we still have it on this forums :D

BV :hat

I think the ps1 and 2 are the only systems I couldn't list a favorite for, heck i doubt i could narrow it to a top 5.

There's so many games for the PS1 that I really enjoyed...I have at least 20 faves...but I'll widdle them down from the top five:

1. Final Fantasy VII (I've played it 11 times)
2. Lunar Silver Star Story (Played 7 times)
3. Breath of Fire 3 (Played 6 times)
4. Star Ocean 2 (Played 3 times)
5. Final Fantasy IX (Played 3 times)

Some of the greatest ps1 games are pretty cheap on amazon as well as ebay right now and I've started buying up a lot

chrono cross
metal gear solid
final fantasy 8
final fantasy chronicles
final fantasy anthology
final fantasy origins

all purchased for around 10 and the amazon stuff was sealed.

I've got a lot of bids out on eBay right now for a lot of the other games mentioned for under $5.00. It looks like the crazy inflation that's been plagueing our obsession is currently laser focused on cartridge based media and the more obscure cd systems. ps1 and 2 are still pretty cheap as well as ps3 and xbox 360. Anything worth a crap on Saturn, sega cd, jag cd, neo cd, 3d0, etc. is still insane but it looks like right now is a great time for playstation purchasing.