Anime Recommendations

Joined Aug 2007
7K Posts | 0+
Palm Harbor Florida
right now i ran out of anime i wanted to watch and well i know there are great anime that i do not know about that i should watch (like ghost hunt, it was great yet not a lot of people know about it) would you recommend me an anime that you enjoyed??

Black Blood Brothers, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Rah Xephon, GAD Gaurd, GunXSword, Last Exile, and Tenchi Muyo! (they've finally finished it!).

Claymore, fate/stay night, Najica: Blitz Tactics, NOIR, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja, Trinity Blood...off the top of my head.

i think i'll watch claymore since it was posted twice. thank you very much

Hmmm.

There are so many anime that are really terrific. I'm not going to recommend the usual which I'm sure you've probably already seen anyway (example: FMA).

1. Monster - it's kind of long and not licensed, but it is absolutely one of the best ever. The quality of the story is astonishing. http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3750

2. Mushi-shi - this one can be a little slow and quiet for some peoples taste, but it is so incredibly beautiful. It is art, not just anime. http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=5923

3. The Twelve Kingdoms - very detailed world, on the order of Lord of the Rings. Very deep and engrossing. http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=840

4. Darker than Black - I don't know how to describe this one. It's very good, interesting story and character development. http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7382

5. Nodame Cantabile - it is absolutely nothing like any of the others I recommended. It's very fun and sweet. The music is wonderful and it is one of the most popular manga/live action/anime in Japan. http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7010

Those are my recommendations, and links to descriptions at Anime news network.com.

i love nodame cantabile XD i watched the live action series (because of an actress i love is on it)

I saw the anime first, and didn't know if I'd like the live action but oh it is just one of my favorites now. I even made myself a nodame piano bag for my trip to Anime Expo this year. lol *geek*

Aaaaaaaaah Hikari how was AX, I didn't go this year. I'm going to Comic-Con instead.

I never knew that The Twelve Kingdoms was an anime! I own the Sea of Shadows book. Ok, I really need to check that out!
Oh, and I think Witch Hunter Robin is a good anime.

Joyling - I've been to Comic-con twice, but I wasn't really into it .. don't read much in the way of comics. This was my first time going to Anime Expo. I had sooooooo much fun! I've never been to Anaheim, so I can't compare it to past AX but I really loved the LA Convention Center for this. Great big screening rooms, nice air conditioning, no lines outside and would you believe registration (I got my ticket online) took less than 5 minutes. It took longer to walk through the room than it did to get my badge. Also I went to Masquerade and it was in this fabulous theater with big old screens on the sides so you could see everything just fine. I loved it and am definitely going again!

gaara-is-smexy4596 said:
I never knew that The Twelve Kingdoms was an anime! I own the Sea of Shadows book.

I have the two books from Tokyopop too. They are so great, I really hope they keep on releasing them, I just wish they wouldn't take a year to come out with the next one. :D

Zidart said:
i think i'll watch claymore since it was posted twice. thank you very much

Did you happen to start watching it? I've watched the first two episodes so far. I really like Clare's voice actor.

Mai Valentine said:
Did you happen to start watching it? I've watched the first two episodes so far. I really like Clare's voice actor.

actually i watched the first episodes of most of what you recommended and now i don't know what should i watch XD. i think i will watch hana yori dango and claymore simultaneously

Ive been out of the anime loop for a while. Can anyone suggest some really current ones that you have seen personally? Im looking for darker sci fi, horror, and fantasy ones.

hmmmm there's Elfen Lied which pretty much fits the description of what you are looking for, but i also think you should give code geass a chance.

well here i am again so far i was able to watch most of the anime you guys recommended some of them i liked (BBB, claymore) and i have yet to watch some like fate/stay night and madlax... but rest assured those are next on my list... but my list is running low so i need help thinking what to watch next XD

I really enjoyed Samurai Champloo. It's fairly short, spanning only one season. The artwork is gorgeous. The characters have nice development. The stories are interesting in all but two of the 26 episodes. The music is an interesting mix of hip hop and oriental...

Altogether, it is probably one of my top anime series.

Plus, Hulu has the whole series online. www.hulu.com/samuraichamploo

I'd check out Murder Princess.

It's a very short anime, only six episodes long. But I love the fighting in it, and the story, and the yuri subtext.
839343.png

Here are few animes that I have been getting into the last couple weeks and some just started.

Bakamonogatari
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
Shukufu no Campanella
Highschool of the Dead
Shiki
Nurarihyon no Mago

And my I suggest:
Battle Programmer Shirase (VERY SHORT but was cancelled, and was one of the most interesting shows...)
Fairy Tale
Darker Than Black
Durarara!
And of Course, EVERYONE should watch the rebuild of Neon Genesis Evangellion. Start with Neon Genesis: 1.1 and then go to 2.2 best remake ever.