Nintendo, I am disappointed.

Mai Valentine said:
Well that's why gamers were pushing for Xenoblade. It's a jrpg that doesn't follow the stale jrpg formula. It also has a pretty high pedigree, as it is made by the makers of Xenogears. Unfortunately it looks like most American gamers are either going to have to mod their Wiis or import a PAL Wii with the game to get a chance to play it.

I guess since jrpgs are a dying breed I will end up buying whichever next-gen system is brave enough to still support them. :lol

I am going to bet that portables will keep that trend.... which reminds me... Mai if you missed the chance of playing shin megami tensei devil survivor for the DS then you must get overclocked for the 3DS I highly recommend it.

I will definitely check it out.

I love having portable rpgs, but I have to admit there's something about playing a jrpg in HD on a large tv that I would miss if all jprgs were only published on handhelds. So I really do hope that some companies continue to make jrpgs and that consoles continue to support them and publish them in the US.

Mai Valentine said:
I will definitely check it out.

I love having portable rpgs, but I have to admit there's something about playing a jrpg in HD on a large tv that I would miss if all jprgs were only published on handhelds. So I really do hope that some companies continue to make jrpgs and that consoles continue to support them and publish them in the US.

on the bright side the PSVita should look HD..... but honestly I don't understand myself... my favorite RPGS of this gen where from handhelds (Dissidia, TWEWY and devil survivor) but I am asking for more HD RPGS

I also hope for the Wii U that Nintendo doesn't keep their first party games at full price for five years before they drop it.

I really thought that was ridiculous that they did that this gen with Zelda and some of the other Wii games.

On the jrpg front, all three games that Operation Rainfall is trying to get are being localized for Europe by Nintendo of Europe. So a PAL Wii looks tempting now. :p

Getting back on topic, this editorial is pretty good.

Highlights:
And now I'm going to say something that might be a bit controversial, but is true nonetheless. The recent outcry over Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower isn't really about these three games. Or to be more precise, it isn't just about these three games, and if these three games not releasing were the only issue, it probably would never have blown up into what it is. I almost imagine the minds over at Nintendo trying to figure out why a mere three games are causing such a ruckus. But it goes back. Way back. Let me add a few more to the list:

Another Code: R - A Journey into Lost Memories
Disaster: Day of Crisis
NPC! Pikmin 2
Captain Rainbow
Fatal Frame 4
NPC! Chibi-Robo!
Takt of Magic
Zangeki no Regenleiv
Earthbound (Virtual Console!)

Zidart said:
I completely understand all of your points and a part of me would agree 100% if it wasn't for the fact that I do enjoy the sequels a lot >_>... that's my guilty pleasure, i love sequels and with nintendo this generation every single one of those games you mentioned (except skyward sword because i have yet to play it) gave me that sense of joy, which is why no matter how much I get bashed, get called a fanboy and be looked down upon for liking my wii I will still defend my taste because I enjoy revisiting franchises, like fire emblem, dawn of the new world, silent hill. Heck I even got try new games like no more heroes, tasunoko vs capcom and muramasa.

to be honest I gotta be honest with myself and say that it has been a while since i touched my Wii (my 3DS/DS is another story)... but you see it is probably because of the reason you explained which is nintendo no longer supporting the wii anymore. Usually when I get a new wii game it gets my undivided attention until I 100% it and since there have yet to be new games out there I just have not played my wii as much and does really bug me.

But I do see a change with the Wii U and that is at the very least more 3rd party support, if anything i'll be ok with nintendo rehashing franchises as long as the Wii U receives that 3rd party support...

I do admit sometimes I wished I did not like the wii since it just brings me more trouble than it is worth...and even if I try to explain why I like it... It just never seems to come across well enough...

Well said, man. ^^

i really wish they would come out with a few new series too, but I love zelda, mario, and metroid so....I will prolly still keep getting any syatem nintendo puts out eventually, tho I thinkn64 was the best :) Right now we have xbox360, ps3, and a wii so.....

mostly use the ps3 tho...