Wii- an underrated system?

Joined Jan 2012
26 Posts | 0+
I have a white nintendo wii and have had it for well over a year. The Nintendo Wii has many great games to play on it, like Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Super Mario All Stars, and Tenchu Shadow Assassins. The Wii also has a few good RPGs available on it. Please don't under-estimate the Wii, it's a very well done sysytem and should be appreciated! ::D

I do appreciate what my wii has given me for the last few years, Fire emblem radiant dawn, the trauma center series, super paper mario and every first party nintendo title

JohntheGameCollector said:
I have a white nintendo wii and have had it for well over a year. The Nintendo Wii has many great games to play on it, like Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Super Mario All Stars, and Tenchu Shadow Assassins. The Wii also has a few good RPGs available on it. Please don't under-estimate the Wii, it's a very well done sysytem and should be appreciated! ::D
but it has nothing on the PS3 :lol

i do have one, got it for guitar hero 3, had some good times playing wii sports with the family, it's more of a family console then anything.

JohntheGameCollector said:
Obviously compared to the PS3/Xbox 360 Wii is nothing, but wii also does have a lot of fun titles.
eh... I can't say that. I have many good Wii games... I've enjoyed playing AT LEAST 40. While my Ps3 collection is larger, I have a significant number of Wii games.

I know this is mostly opinion... But the Wii captured my interest and definitely has some of the best unique games.

BV :hat

It was a trend starter. Thats why we have PSMove and 360Kinect.
The library as a whole kinda sucked, it was full of shovelware. It did have a few good games, like BV said, but overall I think a PS3 or even a 360 is a better investment now. (Coming from Mr. Anti-Xbox, here.)
The Wii isn't GC compatible anymore, which was half the reason I bought my Wii. It doesn't play CDs, DVDs, you cant watch or play movies from USB, the browser is sub par, even compared to PS3 browsers... It doesn't have much going for it, anymore. imo

The Wii is the one present generation system that has an appeal to me. Simply because it has that "arcade type charm" feel to it. I really think using a gaming system for CDs, DVDs, watching movies from the net, etc, etc, is an abomination. :) But I think in terms of retro and have never used any of my gaming systems to play anything but games. So not having that ability on my Wii does not disturb me.

Granted you have to filter through some stuff to find the real gems, but they are there.

I am wondering at this point what Nintendo is able to do for an encore. More of the same ole stuff might not fly for the next generation. Then again, their target audience may just suck it up and they will have another hit on their hands.

I'm going to say it's overrated. Does it have good games? Sure it does, even I can't deny that. Doesn't mean it's a great or even a good system. Yet, despite the huge amount of shovelware games compared to the good ones, it still sold immensely well.

Hence, overrated.

GoRiLlAz_RoCk said:
i do have one, got it for guitar hero 3, had some good times playing wii sports with the family, it's more of a family console then anything.

I agree 100%. As a 27 year old man, the wii cannot bring me nearly as much enjoyment as my ps3 can. Although I will say that I have been drunk with friends on a few occasions and had a hell of a good time playing wii sports resort and just dance.

The wii is the AND system, "I have an xbox AND a wii" or "I have a ps3 AND a wii." You can argue back and forth on xbox vs playstation but the wii has everything the other two don't. It's absolutely horrible for fps games but I think it's rated about right, second to one of the other two!

jr_mcg said:
It's third to the other two.

Not really.

The other two are generally the same despite a few exclusives. I would say they are a dead heat, equals if you will. So, I think saying that the Wii is second to the PS3 and 360 is accurate.

I think it depends. Around my circle of friends and coworkers, they have both a PS3 and 360. Very few actually own a Wii.

For me, it's definitely a distant 3rd and didn't really own a Wii until they announced Skyward Sword, but I've always owned a 360 and PS3.

I think the Wii is really more for gamers that are also collectors, such as me, Petedorr, etc. Not really for the everyday shooter-game fan. Not saying I hate shooters, I love them, I'm saying that the Wii is more a platforming kind of systems for titles such as Mario, Donkey Kong, and other Nintendo characters from past systems.

Polygon said:
Not really.

The other two are generally the same despite a few exclusives. I would say they are a dead heat, equals if you will. So, I think saying that the Wii is second to the PS3 and 360 is accurate.

Maybe you're right. I'm just bitter cuz my Wii has a game stuck in it.

targetrasp said:
The wii is the AND system, "I have an xbox AND a wii" or "I have a ps3 AND a wii." You can argue back and forth on xbox vs playstation but the wii has everything the other two don't. It's absolutely horrible for fps games but I think it's rated about right, second to one of the other two!
Somehow... I see this :lol

Still... I wouldn't feel right without a Wii in my gaming collection. Mario Galaxy, mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Bros Wii... Metroid... Zelda... No More Heroes, Conduit, Samurai Shodown Anthology, King of Fighters Collection, Mad World, Okami... and I could / would keep going. There is a lot on this system I couldn't pass up.

†B†V† :hat