Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Topic

Re: Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Death_By_Pumpkins said:
i thought it was for the gamecube...all my friends have been saying it has. WTH did they call it a Wii? That has got to be the dumbest name ever!

I take it news takes longer to get to Australia also. :lol

and is understandable in any language

I always wondered about this. Why is it that a Japanese videogame company uses the English alphabet when naming their console?

In Japan it is considered hip to name products in English even if the name makes no sense....remember the game"Linkle Liver story"?

guitarwizard said:
In Japan it is considered hip to name products in English even if the name makes no sense....remember the game"Linkle Liver story"?
:lol

There was actually something named that? :lol

Yes...some say it was supposed to be called wrinkle river story,but the developers deny that.

SSB:Brawl is looking awesome so far...I hope it plays more like the first SSB than Melee.

guitarwizard said:
Yes...some say it was supposed to be called wrinkle river story,but the developers deny that.

SSB:Brawl is looking awesome so far...I hope it plays more like the first SSB than Melee.
why? melee was sooo good :)

Bv :hat

Re: Super Smash Brothers Revolution

Those would be some nice changes. Still, this game will be great!

Re: Super Smash Brothers Revolution

Gorey decapitations and blood splattering across the screen. ::D

jk

I prefer the original to Melee...mostly because Fox's laser pistol was weakend in Melee.

guitarwizard said:
I prefer the original to Melee...mostly because Fox's laser pistol was weakend in Melee.

:lol Typical excuse for a SB cheater. Just kidding, but seriously, who cares if his laser was weaker. It's the hand-to-hand combat that makes the game.

The laser had stopping power that really helped in many situations...I still love Melee though.

creepindeth said:
:lol Typical excuse for a SB cheater. Just kidding, but seriously, who cares if his laser was weaker. It's the hand-to-hand combat that makes the game.

My two friends played this for the first time over my house (SSB Melee) and my friend kept shooting his little brother with Fox's laser. His brother was helpless. If he only knew there was a shield. :lol

guitarwizard said:
The laser had stopping power that really helped in many situations...I still love Melee though.

Play Falco. He's a laser-stopping ass.

I have used Falco...I would rather be playing Fox though.If I want a sure victory I go with Roy...he seems a little to strong does he not?

My friend will own you if you are Roy. As Mario, Link, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Luigi, or Ganon. Maybe not Ganon for sure but he would dominate you. I am good with Roy, but he is untouchable.

Seeing as how you have absolutely NO way of knowing how skilled I am with any character in Melee...You have no idea if your friend could "own" me.

If used properly Roy can easily destroy every other caracter in Melee, he's just that strong. I play always play as Roy when I play SSB:M.

I am saying that, even if used properly, Roy has weaknesses that can easily be exploited. Plus, being that my friend plays by tournament rules, which places Roy in the mid tiers, shows your lack of knowledge in character power. That's all I'm going to say, you can look at that stuff and either accept or reject it. But, my point is, Roy is far from the most powerful character in SSBM.

http://www.freewebs.com/xiffer/tiers.html

http://www.freewebs.com/xiffer/tierlistchange.html

"My friend will own you if you are Roy. As Mario, Link, Young Link, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Luigi, or Ganon. Maybe not Ganon for sure but he would dominate you. I am good with Roy, but he is untouchable."

I just do not like the way that sounds...I have no way to challenge your friend to find out...How can you justify posting that when for all you know I may very well "own" your friend?

As for the Tiers...Fox is in the top!I think that Roy is a very powerful character overall..one of the best overall characters..along with Marth.

I just checked...turns out that Roys B-charge is(basically) the most powerful attack in the game...what do you know...