What changes would you like to see in Zelda?

To be fair, maybe fhq is just that rare person who is totally satisfied with Twilight Princess. :)

No, no, I wasn't. It had flaws, many spawning from everyone thinking it'd be perfect, then having reality fall on them. I just don't have problems with what some other people do. That's not wrong, that's not bad.

Given that's the case, what would you like to see improve, then? :)

Perhaps it really is just that people's expectations were too high. Do you think if someone who had never played Zelda before started with Twilight Princess, they'd be happier with it than the longtime Zelda fans?

The items needed to be used more, the people needed to be more aware of the Twilight, it had to be harder, Ganondorf had to feel not so tacked on, the last two dungeons needed to be bigger, the wolf had to get new stuff at some point, the music needed to be orchestrated. All things I wanted in it, but was okayish without.

the people needed to be more aware of the Twilight

Ganondorf had to feel not so tacked on

So you agree that the story could use work.

it had to be harder

And that it was too easy.

Mai Valentine said:
Some of the most common complaints about Twilight Princess:
-too easy
-too boring
-takes too long to get into
-not enough to do
-generic story
-did nothing to raise the bar

So you do agree with some of the complaints. Just not all of them. That's cool, I don't agree with all of them either, and I think you're right when you say that some of the problems just stem from the fact that people expected it to be perfect, and it wasn't. I was just trying to compile a list based on what other people have said about Twilight Princess. :)

This kind of reminds me of another thread from way back.

http://www.egameaddiction.com/forums/index.php?topic=810.0

I still think Twilight Princess is better than most games out there. It just has a lot to live up to when it's constantly compared to Ocarina of Time. :)

Mai Valentine said:
I still think Twilight Princess is better than most games out there. It just has a lot to live up to when it's constantly compared to Ocarina of Time. :)
Yeah, it isn't easy, living up to one of the best games of all time, which is why I suppose people seem to be disappointed in it. I personally loved what I played, but that doesn't seem to be how everyone else is feeling...

well i would like that the next zelda HMMMM, harder, TP was really easy good thing it was long

Honestly I am not sure.... I never really had any major complaints from the previous zelda game (spirit tracks) so I don't know what I want changed...

*3 minutes later*

OH YEAH I would love if for once we had the ability to dash instead of having to roll like an idiot to move faster X_X

I still wouldn't mind combat that's more advanced than just hitting A and swinging a sword to kill an enemy. But I've heard that the Wii Motion Plus in Skyward Sword makes that possible, so I'm a little excited about that.

I'm actually a little surprised that there's not that much media on SS. Have I just not been paying attention or is Nintendo being quiet about this Zelda?

It is probably because SS is still far from being released. And quite honestly the simple combat of this series has always been fun to me so I am not sure if changing it would be necessary but I will welcome the change if it is a good one

Zidart said:
It is probably because SS is still far from being released. And quite honestly the simple combat of this series has always been fun to me so I am not sure if changing it would be necessary but I will welcome the change if it is a good one

True, but it's one of the only games they have coming out this year in time for Christmas. I would think they would try to push it harder.