Sega Genesis My 2009 Resolution: THE GREAT GENESIS/MEGADRIVE HUNT!

Be sure to play that Shadowrun when you get a chance. God, I loved Mega Turrican.
smiley_kissing.gif

Okay MegaDrive, .... where are those updates? Where is the love? The Passion? Where is that momentum? Where are those updates? :)

Good idea, too bad it looks like you've given up, or at least giving up posting about it. Sega Genesis is probably the most economical system to try to collect all the games on. There's very few expensive titles and tons worth playing. It's also kinda cool because a lot of the cross platform games are different from their other counterparts (shadowrun is a great example) and a lot of times they were better on the sega. I just found a cdx I thought I'd sold years ago so I started fishing around the old sega posts. Let us know if this is still something you're working on.

Actually, if you weed out all the sports titles. I didn't quite give up. I just made a nice pit stop and postponing it for another time. Things come up of course. So good idea, to bump this old thread.

I've got some titles I think you should check out. These are some from my collection that you didn't have on your list.

Sonic Spinball - This is often over looked, not sure why. I love this game.
Castlevania Bloodlines - You can't be a Castlevania fan and not have this game.
Mortal Kombat II - Even though you have one and three, this is still a great game.
Super Street Fighter 2 - My favorite flavor of the Street Fighter 2 series.
Streets Of Rage - People argue over which is better, 1 or 2. I like the first just a hair more.
Streets Of Rage 3 - Not as good as the first two, but still kick ass fun.
Golden Axe - Streets of Rage in medieval times.
Golden Axe 2 - I still don't know how you don't have either of these.
Ghouls ‘N Ghosts - A must have.
Altered Beast - Not a stellar game IMO, but still fun.
Afterburner 2 - Not nearly as good as the 32X version, but good enough if you don't have a 32X.
PGA Tour Golf II - Great golf game if you like golf.
World Class Leader Board Golf - Also a decent golf game.
Cliffhanger - Some people think it was crap, for some reason I liked it.
NBA Jam - Another must have.
Steel Empire - What a sleeper. It's a side scrolling shooter, one of my favorites of all time. Nothing about this game sucks. Also a must have.
Robocop Vs. Terminator - What can I say, just buy it.
Outrun - A Sega classic.
The Immortal - Awesome dungeon crawler from EA.
Road Rash - How can you not have Road Rash. This is another Genesis must have.
Road Rash II - Not as good as the first but still very worth owning.
Skitchin - Road Rash on roller blades. This game is also a must have.
Rock N’ Roll Racing - This was an awesome racing game. Cool cars, cool music, and the ability to blow opponents up and upgrade you car.
Super Off Road - Great arcade game port. Simple but a lot of fun.
Virtua Racing - Once again, better on the 32X.