Retro VG Busters Episode 1: That weird VC game you don't know about!

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure by HUDSON SOFT. Okay many people can read that and say "Okay Milon's Secret Castle?" Indeed. It's a sequel that was made JUST for the Super Famicom. However, what is it like? Well, I found out and the truth is. ONE SWEET LITTLE PLATFORMER! This little game is secretly a superb platforming gem that was lost in the cracks of time. If you love Donkey Kong Country or Kirby Super Star. PLEASE buy this game! The soundtrack, gameplay, the anime cut-scene intro, and adorable characters are worth the price of this game. Hudson Soft put a lot of love into this game.

The VC port is a direct port, so it's all in Kanji. Yet, I got to admit I'm impressed by the character animations. Milon acquires different suits that give him not just a snazzy new look, but special powers, and a protective shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T13NBQM-x8Y <-- Nice gameplay video.

Boy, I was scratching my head for MONTHS trying to figure out what the HELL this game was about until my friend in England considered it a "Hidden Gem." and now I can see why!

Well I hope you enjoyed this little segment and I will be back for another episode to figure out the "Other weird VC game we don't know about!"