Happy 10th Anniverasry PS2! 10/26/00 to 10/26/10

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
Yes, 10 years ago on this very day. People were fighting and waiting in line at Best Buy for one of the biggest console releases in history. Why was it so glorious? In these six easy steps, we'll tell you why.

1) It played DVD Movies
2) Backwards Compatible with PS1/PSX games and accessories
3) It was affordable later in it's lifetime
4) THE FREAKIN BIGGEST LIBRARY of games next to the NES. Can't stress that enough!
5) Online gaming was introduced and free (Unless it was an MMORPG like FFXI)
6) It's STILL ALIVE to this very day and is still in mass production.

So we here at EGA salute you PS2. You are truly a powerhouse beyond measure.

Still have my PS2 plugged into my main tv. I used it.. uh.. last night to play a DVD. I have used the heck out of that piece!

Didn't Dreamcast have online?

Anyway, PS2 was beastly regardless. Was my first system, I got it shortly after launch. It died a few years ago, but I bought 2 slim models to replace it. Been using one nonstop lately, playing Persona 4. ^_^

ThravRande said:
Didn't Dreamcast have online?

Anyway, PS2 was beastly regardless. Was my first system, I got it shortly after launch. It died a few years ago, but I bought 2 slim models to replace it. Been using one nonstop lately, playing Persona 4. ^_^
Yeah there were games you could play online for free, hell there are still some games you can play online now :D

Also the Sega Saturn had online which still works and the SNES and Genesis had online too but that went out a long time ago :lol

Snatcher_L said:
Yeah there were games you could play online for free, hell there are still some games you can play online now :D

Also the Sega Saturn had online which still works and the SNES and Genesis had online too but that went out a long time ago :lol

Yup. Snatcher is right. Twice, the Genesis tried with the Sega Channel and the X-Band. The Sega Netlink was cool, I had one but I could never get online with that overpriced giant cartridge! :lol

Yeah, the Dreamcast was the first to actually get it right. I still remember dunking on people in NBA 2K1, which I still have! :D Now to buy a new DC.

Anyways, my PS2 has been getting a bit of love lately since I've gotten around to buying back a lot of games I missed and playing some of my older PS1 ganmes.