Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
I finally got around to beating this great game! I loved the final dungeon and the final boss. Great stuff.

If Zelda 2005 is related in any way to WW, I really can't wait to see what Zelda 2005 has in store. I mean the possibilities that the ending of WW left for the next Zelda... :eek:

To anyone who has also beaten WW, doesn't the end make you think there's some kind of "Sword in the Stone" storyline waiting to happen? :lol

There should have been, and I did hear for a long time that the next Zelda was supposed to be a direact sequal to WW, much like MM was to OOT. But then that new trailer came out and everything about a sequal was forgotton I suppose. In a way I'm kind upset about it, I really enjoyed WW and would have liked to see more of the same, including the oh so awsome visuals.
But in another way I really want to try out this new Zelda... he looks so badass...

I want the next Zelda to be more like OOT. WW just didn't have that Zelda feeling to me, much like Mario Sunshine didn't have a Mario feeling to it. A new story would also be good, which didn't have something to do with collecting stones, pedants, tri-force shards etc. Just my opinion though...

Yeah, I never did finish getting everything in Wind Waker. I was trying to at least get all of the heart containers, but after a while I was just like, forget it, I just want to finish the game.

I wish it would be like classic LoZ where each heart container was a full heart, instead of heaving to collect four pieces of the heart container just to make one heart container. That gets tedious.

And I think they should make it less of a collect-a-thon in general. That's what platformers are for. :p Take it out of my Zelda games.

I completely agree with the last two posts. I think the Zelda franchise really needs to step up in the story-telling department. It would be nice to have a reason other than collecting sages, or triforce shards, to get from point A to point B. As well, a plot twist here and there would be pretty cool. I always hoped that the next Zelda game would actually let you play as a younger Ganondorf and give some insight as to why he wants to conquer Hyrule.

I'd like Nintendo to add more items to it, rather than take them away like it did with Wind Waker. In Ocarina of Time you had the suits, boots and Gorons Knife. I think there was only three new items in The Wind Waker and two of those weren't necessary. For example, the Deku Leaf and Sail could have been used for the same thing, and the Hookshot and Grappling Hook could have been made into a single item too. The third new item was the Magic Armour that you got from Zunari, but the game was so easy anyway that you will rarely need it at any point.

It was rumoured that the dungeons cut from Wind Waker, due to time restraints, made Nintendo put in the worst part of the game: collecting the Tri Force shards. I definitely want more dungeons in the upcoming Zelda game, and hopefully some new bosses, instead of ones recycled from Ocarina of Time. One thing I did like was the cooperation in some of the dungeons, namely the Tower of the Gods (with the statues) and the Earth and Wind Temples.
I also liked the combat in Wind Waker too - the counter attack was a good addition - but on the whole it was too easy, but still fun nonetheless. I'd like some new moves added also.

And finally one small thing. I want them to allow you to move boxes like you can in Prince of Persia by letting you move a box sideways, instead of only forward and backwards, and having to go to the side to push/pull it in that direction.

Nintendo put in the worst part of the game: collecting the Tri Force shards.
I really, really enjoyed that part of the game... I don't know I guess it was the fact of exploring all the islands that I hadn't and checking things out.

And finally one small thing. I want them to allow you to move boxes like you can in Prince of Persia
Know what's funny, everytime I would be pushing boxes in POP, I was wishing Zelda would do it like that.

Starfox Adventures did a good job of smoothing out those little errors in the way WW, OOT, and MM played. The box pushing pulling thing, as well as climbing up textured walls diagnolly and such.

Wind Waker could have been a lot cooler if you're ship upgraded. If you could eventually run the pirate ship or something, and run around hoisting sails or something like that, just something to do while you sailed, it could have made treasure hunting and triforce searching quite fun.

LinkTriforceGC said:
I really, really enjoyed that part of the game... I don't know I guess it was the fact of exploring all the islands that I hadn't and checking things out.

I think it was because I'd already been on a mass exploring mission and seen nearly all islands, so I was revising ones I'd been to. Also, some of the islands were kinda dull, with not much to do on them.

LinkTriforceGC said:
Know what's funny, everytime I would be pushing boxes in POP, I was wishing Zelda would do it like that.

Heh, glad I'm not alone there.

"I want the next Zelda to be more like OOT. WW just didn't have that Zelda feeling to me, much like Mario Sunshine didn't have a Mario feeling to it."

Agreed...Mario 64 had some of the best music ever, and mario sunshine's music is cheesy! OOT also had some of the best in game music ever, no wait, it HAS the best in game music ever, imo of course.

I just had a great idea for a new Zelda storyline! At the very begining, an evil wizard kidnaps Zelda, and she must telepathicaly contact our hero Link so he can rescue her. Then, Link must gain the Golden power before the wizard does and then destroy him with it and some ultimate weapon, say... a "master sword" or something. And then this story could be used over and over again with every sequel!

Oh... And I finally started playing Zelda WW: after about a year's hiatus. I just got the master sword too!

One thing I did like was the cooperation in some of the dungeons, namely the Tower of the Gods (with the statues) and the Earth and Wind Temples.

I agree, that was one of the only parts in the dungeons where I didn't think to myself "i'm sure i've done this before...".

I'd like to be able to use Link and Zelda co-operately in dungeons. With maybe a switch feature. Zelda prooved in SSBM that she can fight, plus she could turn into Shiek.

I still havent gotten a chance to play this game, I loved all of the zelda games I've played so far. I'm looking forward to playing this game.

dude its awesome i love the cartoon feature most ppl dont but i really like it and the story is not great but the missions and side quest are really really fun.

Wind Waker had an awesome story, but the dungeons weren't that great and held it back from being as good as it could have been.

I only thought the Temples were bad, they were bland, and while they had some of the most original puzzles in the game, I didn't like going through them.

And they were backwards. Why is the bird the guardian of the Earth Temple and not the small tree/plant?