Neo Geo CD Neo Drift Out

Joined Jul 2005
90 Posts | 0+
Green Bay, WI
neodrifout.png

Got Neo Drift Out in the mail on Thursday and finally beat it on normal difficulty. This is probably one of the best 2D racers I haver ever played. Unlike Rally Chase, this is played from an isometric view, instead of a top view. The graphics are quite good and smooth, and do a good job utilizing the scaling capabilities of the system. As you speed up, the camera zooms out allowing you to see more of the upcoming tracks. It is also nice that your car is not in the middle of the screen, but towards the "back" of the screen so you can see more of what is coming up. There is a short practice race, and then 6 real races. The last track is an absolute nightmare and took me a few hours to finally beat. All in all, a great game!

cool. great find! i know that one had to be expensive to purchase. looks like you bought it new or something too. i'd like to add drift out to my collection as well. :) i'm glad to know it would be worth the money.

I ordered it from http://www.gamebaz.com and I didn't even realize it would be sealed. They seem to be out of stock at the moment. I was hesitant to even order from them, and paid via paypal. But everything seems legit. I feel bad for opening it, as I'm sure there are not many sealed copies left out there... but I paid less than $30 shipped! Sure beats eBay.

Keep your eye on shop.google.com, you can find some really good deals.

sweet. sealed and new is the best! you shouldnt feel bad for opening it though. games are meant to be played and enjoyed :)

Man, 5 months later and I still love this game :) I can complete it on MVS difficulty, and nearly beat it on hard. Need to shave less than a second off the final track and I will have completed it on hard. Superb game! Still throw it in every couple of weeks to race through the championship.

Anyone else nab this yet?

I think I will start today with Neo Drift out... I played "Over Top" very often, but the loading times on this game are really ****... :)

Glad you picked it up. Unlike Over Top, the shortcuts are not hidden, simply take the opposite path than the on-screen graphic tells you. With few exceptions, taking the opposite path will be a shortcut.