Neo Geo CD Last Blade 2 appreciation thread

Joined Jan 2005
186 Posts | 0+
Maryland USA
Any thoughts on Last Blade 2 for the Neo CD?

I have played its big brother on AES and MVS, but wondering how it stacks up when played in CD form. Are there any special cut scenes? Loading screens? Is the music arranged and improved?

I love the game, which has very deep mechanics and a very serious tone. I guess it has always seemed to me that The Last Blade series was Samurai Showdown grown up and made a little more serious.

Love the game, and I am sure I will love it on CD.

Anybody have it and care to post up a mini-review?

Kanji said:
Any thoughts on Last Blade 2 for the Neo CD?

I have played its big brother on AES and MVS, but wondering how it stacks up when played in CD form. Are there any special cut scenes? Loading screens? Is the music arranged and improved?

I love the game, which has very deep mechanics and a very serious tone. I guess it has always seemed to me that The Last Blade series was Samurai Showdown grown up and made a little more serious.

Love the game, and I am sure I will love it on CD.

Anybody have it and care to post up a mini-review?

As much as I love Last Blade 2 (I have it on MVS as well) I rarely play it on NGCD.

First off let me start by telling you what it does have...in VS mode Musashi is already available, no codes nedded to play as him, the EX modes are also available without the need for codes. It has the same modes of play as the AES version. It does have an arranged soundtrack, and it is far superior to the AES/MVS counterpart.

It has some very artsy, and beatiful loading screens...and you'll be staring at them alot as well..the loads in this game are the worst the NGCD has to offer. Granted you can turn off alot of the little cutscenes and opening to make it load quicker.

If you have ever played the Dreamcast version of Last Blade 2..its essentially the same game here..except without the washed out colors and pixely graphics the DC sports.

I haven't got to play LB2 yet on the Neo CD.... but I hear it looks beautiful (beyond the load times).

†B†V† :hat

I would get LB2 on neo cd.... but i already own it on DC ( the colors are drab...but it's good enough fo me :D)

Plus the load times are horrendous i hear

but still an awsome game....dont miss out on it just because of load times!

Wow, I aint posted in a while!

Anyway, I have just ordered this, although it seems to be very rare now. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing it on the Neo CD despite the loads times.

It is a very beautiful game. Deep gameplay. Minutes to pick up, years to master.

Only version of LB1 I like, and guys, there is no LB2 on Neogeo CD. I don't think they could fit the meg count into ram.

Sure there is LB2 for Neo CD.

I had it at one point.

does anyone have a favourite character? mine is Kojiroh. i really like her play style and moves set. i like her in speed mode or even EX as opposed to power because it seems to suit her better. i really do love this game. everything about it is incredible. not only a great fighting game with great controls but also a work of art.

I want Last Blade 2, maybe sometime this year? Right now I am enjoying Last Blade 1. I have grown fond of using Akari as a favorite. And I agree that this series is a work of art.

Even though load times are slow... BY FAR a superb piece of art... This game is art. It is art that plays well too :)

Honestly... I was in awe the 1st time I saw this game.

What is your favorite stage?

Bluevoodu said:
What is your favorite stage?
i like pretty much all of them. they have a strong visceral quality. i probably like the forest and shrine most or any which have a natural setting. the stages have so much detail! notice how things in the background react, such as the dog during the battlefield stage or the man who ducks behind a sign or something in the yuchi-machi stage or the woman who has to look away.

no kidding... the backgrounds are very cool. I think I like the forest stage the best as well...

Many Neo Geo games were masterfully done. It is sad we do not have another Neo Geo System out. Then again, it isn't too surprising we don't.

I wonder what they could've done on more advanced hardware. Maybe it would be like their 3rd party games of today... or maybe they would be massively improved.

last blade 2 has to sit as my second favorite fighter in regards to a presentation standpoint. The fluidity of the character sprites is unrivaled by anything else I have seen on the Neo Geo platform...

unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it, SSF2 HD Remix now sits atop by 'most played and best visual' list. If only there was a bigger market for remakes for digital download, we could all be playing LB2 on Xbox Live or PS Network

oh well. Street Fighter 4 will have to do!