Neo Geo CD The Spine Card

Joined Jan 2009
113 Posts | 0+
Red Earth
i enjoy having the spine card for games i own. makes everything seem more complete. although, i'd buy a game without one if it's a game i really want.

how do you feel about spine cards and does it affect your purchase of NGCD games?

I do not necessarily look for games that have the spine card, but I do feel more satisfied with my purchase when it is included.

I look for spine cards when I purchase japanese games. If it costs a few more bucks, I'll spend the money.

I like the spine cards. Just feels like the 'total package'.

But if I want a game and cannot find it w/ spine card, of course I'll buy the game.

Good thing is that most NGCD games I see have the spine cards. Alot more frequently than Saturn imports

I like the idea of having spine cards, but don't really care for the most part. I'd spend an extra $5 to have it. But if it came between not owning the game, and owning the game, I can live without it.

Only 5 of my 13 games have spine cards.

Spine is nice extra but not necessary. But I woulnd throw them away... It makes the gamespackages complete.

When I started to collect NGCD's some years ago, I'm mostly interested in the CD only. Some games I really bought without manual - only the CD - and many games without the spine-card. Last year I finished my NGCD-collection. And months later I started to collect all spine-cards, too. In the meantime I bought roundabout 20 lose cards and some games I bought twice, but this time with spine-card... don't ask me why, but I like it to have the game complete.

(and the next aim will be NeoGeo-CD-cases with the logo on it - I think there I will need 30+ cases - expensive hobby...)

Spine cards are a nice bonus but I'm not particularly bothered and wouldn't pay extra for a copy of a game with one. The way I see it, yes they might increase the value of the game, but I'm not gonna be selling any of my games so who cares 8)