Atari Lynx Alien Vs Predator - Atari Lynx

Joined Feb 2005
716 Posts | 0+
Well, since we're talking about the lynx version sort of...I found the actual demo version for the lynx and I picked it up. There's no sound, but a lot of the levels are finished and not that glitchy. It's about 80% finished or so. And it's really good. I wish they would have finished it. I suppose I get an R10 out of it this way though :)

hey :)  I went ahead and gave you your own topic.

How many levels are there?  How are the graphics..etc?
How are controls?

†B†V† :hat

Maybe sounds like a silly question...but can you kill bad guys?

I only ask as I got a demo of it a while back and I think there maybe different stages of development out there.

Mine has sound, both at the title and in game. You can choose man or alien and level 1 is either find a bomb and escape (man) or find a bomb and escape (alien):):). You can move about but in the man mission I can't find any aliens. In the alien mission I can see men trooping about and have some kind of pointy stick but I can't seem to kill them. Weird. Also I've not 'played it much' but there doesn't appear to be an exit or more levels.

So describe yours:)

First up...soz for the double post ::)

Second up this is something that has always bugged me..so I had a search and found this beauty

http://www.atarihq.com/reviews/lynx/aliens_vs_predator.html

Then I played my copy and this is the one. They describe it much better than I have the patience to :lol

And I meant predator everytime I talk about alien in my post above too :-[

yeah.. I edited the rom link...

I am not sure if that is ok to list or not.. even though its a demo.

SO... you couldn't kill bad guys wheelaa?
Whats the sound like? Can you fire weapons at all?
How does it compare to the jag version?

†B†V† :hat

See my other post fella..I got the bug, did the search, replayed the game..and its exactly how the one in the link I put is, exactly..I can kill stuff (although it looks like the AI wasn't completed as the predators just run around)..there's sound, its good fun.

Not played the jag version so I can't compare, but I imagine there's only one winner tbh.

Re the rom issue..tbh I suppose its ok for stuff like this..after all, the AvsP lynx carts that you buy are just eproms on a circuit board..they're not official or anything..and also it wasn't a released demo (say as a freebie with a magazine..like motteke tamago pce)..so I guess its teh rom (in whatever form) or teh nothing :eek:

Yeah...mine is pretty much the same. You can choose human or predator on a ship...and in human, you have to diffuse the bomb..on predator, you ahve to "get" the bomb, both which comprise of just going to the bomb and then leaving the ship. It's confusing, and a little glitchy, but man..this would have been a rad game if it was seen through to completion. Unfortunately..no signs of aliens in this AvP game.