PSP Vita - Who is digging this? Who wants to purchase?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Topic is simple enough... who wants the PSP Vita and Why?

Post it up!!

†B†V† :hat

I preordered immediately after they announced it. As to why? I collect handhelds and consoles. Not sure yet if I'm genuinely excited for it.

Did you see the early release package they are selling? Did you get that one?

I think I may buy it as well... Although after seeing how the psp performed... I'm not sure the psp vita will do much Better. I think the updates to the system and the new features are very cool.

What games are you looking forward to playing?

Bv :hat

Bluevoodu said:
Did you see the early release package they are selling? Did you get that one?

I have not. When amazon put them up for preorder, it was just a generic page with the same info Sony announced. I'm assuming they'll turn my preorder into one of the packages.

What games are you looking forward to playing?

Bv :hat

Honestly, none. It's more for me just to have. Although I'm fairly certain a Resident Evil title will appear, so I'll just wait for that. :lol

Definitely looking to get it. I aim to get the WiFi version and the following launch games.

LittleBigPlanet
Modnation Racers: Road Trip
Hot Shots Golf
Lumines Electric Symphony
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Uncharted Golden Abyss

16GB mem card.

Does not sound very exciting to me, especially the price of the memory cards... Almost the price of a 3DS for a 32GB Vita mem card? =/

aleeock157 said:
Does not sound very exciting to me, especially the price of the memory cards... Almost the price of a 3DS for a 32GB Vita mem card? =/

Ignoring retailer discounts, the MSRP of some 32GB SD cards matches the cost that Sony is pricing it for Vita...Market Conditions would show that Memory Cards can cost upwards of even 50% of some Cameras.

You dont have to get a 32GB card I mean, I dont think one should be basing excitement of a system by using the most premium optional item as judgment.

I don't want one, and need to explain a reason to people so that's one of the things not appealing to me that I picked?

I have no plans currently on ever getting one. I have a PSP and outside of a few games I played obsessively, I never use it. I don't see anything about the Vita so far that would make it that much different.

Down the line I may change my mind depending on games, though. I won't rule out ever owning one.

I preordered the Early Release Package. I'll be picking up a 32GB Memory Card and Uncharted, Blazblue, LittleBigPlanet, and a couple other games at release. If needed, I'll trade in my 3DS to pay the rest off. The games have me genuinely excited and the Vita as a whole has so many awesome bells and whistles I can't wait to try...oh...and TROPHY SUPPORT! :D

It looks great to me. Everything you could want in a handheld. Of course, it won't have Nintendo games (like the 3DS) so I still prefer the 3DS in that regard.

BUT, there will be great Vita exclusives, such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipEout 2048, LittleBigPlanet, etc…

I plan to buy it, but I just don't know if I'll have the money in February. :p

Waiting til the new dj max game is out then I'll buy one. Hopefully the memory cards won't be too pricey then

I think I should be getting it thanks to release right in the midst of the income tax return season, cant wait.

I certainly won't get one at launch, but I may get one eventually depending on the game library. I don't have a 3DS yet either because they haven't put out enough good games. So, I'll wait it out and get whichever one has the most games I want.

CreepinDeth said:
Honestly, none. It's more for me just to have. Although I'm fairly certain a Resident Evil title will appear, so I'll just wait for that. :lol
:lol that's about as bad as me :D
I think I may buy it to get the early release.

Strubes said:
I preordered the Early Release Package. I'll be picking up a 32GB Memory Card and Uncharted, Blazblue, LittleBigPlanet, and a couple other games at release. If needed, I'll trade in my 3DS to pay the rest off. The games have me genuinely excited and the Vita as a whole has so many awesome bells and whistles I can't wait to try...oh...and TROPHY SUPPORT! :D
NICE! I hope to be there with you :D And are you going to have as many trophies as you have on the PS3?? :lol

aleeock157 said:
This video is cool... fast paced and nothing special... but it is always cool to see a new system unboxed.

So far I only want Uncharted: golden abyss as a launch title so I am not sure If I will get one at launch. They totally ruined fighting games for me though I rather have a separate screen for shortcuts instead of touching the screen itself X_X. Either way I am definitely getting a Vita for Persona 4: the golden. Atlus alone can make me buy a console even if it is just a remake of an old PS2 game.

Zidart said:
So far I only want Uncharted: golden abyss as a launch title so I am not sure If I will get one at launch. They totally ruined fighting games for me though I rather have a separate screen for shortcuts instead of touching the screen itself X_X. Either way I am definitely getting a Vita for Persona 4: the golden. Atlus alone can make me buy a console even if it is just a remake of an old PS2 game.
If you haven't .. you should post a topic about it and why you want it or like the game :)

BV :hat

Bluevoodu said:
If you haven't .. you should post a topic about it and why you want it or like the game :)

BV :hat

I probably will make a topic about Persona 4: the golden once Atlus releases more information about it.

Zidart said:
I probably will make a topic about Persona 4: the golden once Atlus releases more information about it.
:lol I See... Release the info NOW... ATLUS!!

In the mean time... I saw a commercial for the Vita... the games look good... really good.

Are they supposed to combine Vita and PS3 online? It would be cool if it was the exact same service... and kept track of your trophies together as a collective. However, it would ALSO be cool if they distinguished what system the trophies came from (in the collective group)