Anyone Else Hyped For Mass Effect 3?

I'm having the best worst experience ever with Mass Effect 3. My friend and I went in 50/50 on it and are trying to beat it in the four days we're both around over break. The lack of sleep is starting to freak me out though, I keep seeing flashes of Tyler Durden. :lol

But the game is amazing. I would say we're a third of the way there right now and I just can't stop playing. The only problem is my save files are on the PC and my friend made some bad decisions so we decided to play through with the default character and his decisions SUCK!!! A little part of me died when I realized they had Shepherd kill Wrex by default. :'( :'( :'(

^PS, nice avatar. :D

I made a bad choice at one point, said "ah forget it" and kept playing. Then I found out that I could actually fix what happened by going back to an earlier save and doing something I hadn't done. So even though I lost a few hours of playtime, I did it. But it was worth it. And I don't mind replaying the parts I had already done.

So basically I'm at about 27 hours in. Still have a few major quests to do, and some minor ones. I also want to get some multiplayer in there.

The only bad thing about ME3 is that I realized I probably won't play my renegade Shepard at all in 3. There's a lot of Renegade decisions in 3 that I really just cannot bring myself to do. It was easier in the first two because you could play as a Renegade but still make some of the bigger decisions as Paragon choices (like saving the council and the Rachni Queen). But I'm wondering if I could do the same in three.

I just finished the game about two hours ago. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything about the core story, but my Commander Shepard is dead.....though so are the Reapers. This was a pretty emotional game, and the developers did a tremendous job of setting the tone of the game from beginning to end. There were literally moments where I actually felt that I just might not be able to win this war, and the freaky part about this game is that the reality of the game is that you can actually lose this war. So with that bit of knowledge looming in the back of my head the whole time, it became very easy to believe my Commander Shepard when he may have had his moments of doubt as to whether or not victory was even possible. I was sad to see him die, but at the same time pissed because I knew he didn't have to die. But considering the ending that I got, it was fitting that he did die. With the way my game was going, I couldn't really see him living after this war. Midway through the game I started to get this weird voice in my head, telling me that "he's going to die, I just know it".

Now my female Shepard.....she's a whole different animal. I fully expect her to live, and do a lot more damage than my male Shepard. Her decisions are pretty different than his. Can't wait to start her campaign.

Ugh, I didn't know how much of doing the side quests in ME1 and 2 would affect ME3. I'm a couple hours in to ME2, and didn't do any sidequests in ME1. Is it worth it to go back?

mastermario said:
Ugh, I didn't know how much of doing the side quests in ME1 and 2 would affect ME3. I'm a couple hours in to ME2, and didn't do any sidequests in ME1. Is it worth it to go back?

I don't wanna spoil anything for you for ME3, since you haven't touched it yet, but the side quests don't effect ME3 as much as the side quests in ME1 would effect ME2. Not from my experience anyway, and I'm typically one to try and complete as much of the ME games as I possibly can before moving on. So if you really want to get as much as you can out of the story, then yea, I'd say go back to ME1. But even if you don't, you won't miss anything earth shattering in ME3 (no pun intended....ok fine, pun intended)

Yeah I think the stuff in ME2 is more important. If you're already finished with Mass Effect and you're playing ME2, I would just keep going.

I'm going crazy right now. I didn't get a chance to finish Mass Effect over break, I don't have an xbox at school and everyone is freaking out about the ending!! I can't take two more months of not knowing! :lol

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
I'm going crazy right now. I didn't get a chance to finish Mass Effect over break, I don't have an xbox at school and everyone is freaking out about the ending!! I can't take two more months of not knowing! :lol

The freak out about the ending is really overblown in my opinion. The only reason people are whining for a new ending is because they know DLC makes it possible, but yet they don't want to have it be paid DLC even though it's basically working overtime for Bioware since they already created an ending.

I finished ME2 and popped in ME3. I was immediately upset that my character's face that I've used and ME1 and ME2 was not able to be imported. I know, it was just a face, but when I put in 60+ hours into those two games with the same face, I just could not get used to the new face I created and started playing with.

For those of you who maybe didn't have this problem, if you used a character's face in ME1, imported it into ME2, and then tried to use it for ME3, it would not work. They are supposedly working on a patch for it. So I will patiently await this patch before I continue.

Also, I didn't like how the ME3 Shepard runs. Looks extremely goofy.

mastermario said:
I finished ME2 and popped in ME3. I was immediately upset that my character's face that I've used and ME1 and ME2 was not able to be imported. I know, it was just a face, but when I put in 60+ hours into those two games with the same face, I just could not get used to the new face I created and started playing with.

For those of you who maybe didn't have this problem, if you used a character's face in ME1, imported it into ME2, and then tried to use it for ME3, it would not work. They are supposedly working on a patch for it. So I will patiently await this patch before I continue.

Also, I didn't like how the ME3 Shepard runs. Looks extremely goofy.

Yeah, same here. I was going to start on my Renegade playthrough but I decided to wait until that patch hits so I can import the face.

The ending...oh god, I don't know. I loathed that ending when I first saw it.

I got my effective Military Readiness over 5000 and picked the Destroy ending and saw my Shepard gasp for air. Okay, I'm alive...but what the hell just happened? Was it the indoctrination theory at work? It had to have been, I don't believe Bioware would just end the game like that. Not to mention, I would be incredibly upset to have to pay for the ending. I've already dropped $80 for what I thought was a finished game... Now, I'm aware Bioware is releasing a free ending DLC. That's great, I'm glad. I don't feel like the game had closure. I wanted to see the Krogans, Turians, Asari, I wanted everything I had accumulated up to this point to mean something.
The similar endings just killed me. I wanted to renegade interrupt that "God Child" so bad when I first saw it. I'm not nearly as upset as I felt when I first saw it, but I feel bitter. I've created this identity and for a while, I really felt like Commander Shepard. I really did. This is just me totally ranting, but the ending enraged me when I first saw it. It did confuse me at first and if its not the Indoctrination ending, I'm still going to be confused! I don't know, I just hope the new DLC makes sense. :-\

They are working on a new ending, correct? When is that supposed to be out? And have they fixed the face issue?

The face issue is fixed.

The rest of the ending is supposed to be out this summer. It's not technically a new ending, just more cutscenes and exposition added to the endings that already exist.

From the Bioware blog:
What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

I'm already tired of hearing about it, to be honest. At first I was ok with the ending, and after thinking about, I realized it really does suck. But people are just making way too big a deal of it. Every time Bioware posts something on any of their Facebook pages, the majority of comments are people still whining about the ending. I wish they would just get over it. At this point it's beating a dead horse to keep bringing it up. Bioware has already made their decision, and if people still don't agree or still aren't satisfied, they should just make good on their word that they will never buy Bioware games again.

Mai Valentine said:
The face issue is fixed.

The rest of the ending is supposed to be out this summer. It's not technically a new ending, just more cutscenes and exposition added to the endings that already exist.

From the Bioware blog:
I'm already tired of hearing about it, to be honest. At first I was ok with the ending, and after thinking about, I realized it really does suck. But people are just making way too big a deal of it. Every time Bioware posts something on any of their Facebook pages, the majority of comments are people still whining about the ending. I wish they would just get over it. At this point it's beating a dead horse to keep bringing it up. Bioware has already made their decision, and if people still don't agree or still aren't satisfied, they should just make good on their word that they will never buy Bioware games again.
I'm pretty happy to see that the endings are being extended. It's great to see Bioware have such an interaction with their fans, and it's a neat way to see how developer/player communications are (except the the terrible comments with nothing except expletives regarding their eternal hatred.) Although, to be honest, Bioware did blatantly lie about their incredible number of endings. That was proven false advertising. However, that's more of a marketing/press relations, not so much development, so that's something for another day.

TL;DR: Good that endings are extended and developers talk to fans, sad that so many (including myself) are disappointed with endings.

I diin't finish the ME2. I think so difficult. Give the suggestion to finish that. :?

Ok this is the first time that I'm playing Mass Effect I started out playing ME3 don't know why I'm so late in playing Mass Effect the game play was good