The New 2DS xl

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
I have found my portable of choice, it is the 2DS xl. I love this little portable. The 2DS xl and my DSi are my go to gaming consoles right now for those warm gaming fuzzies. Even though there are a few quirks with the 2DS xl it has quickly won me over. The outward design, shape and feel, weight, colors, gives it a rich feel. Just so different from the other models. There is no 3D of course, but I never have used it. And that is the point of this system.
H93mrRU.jpg

I use the camera on these things. Yeah I know they are not the best, but they are handy just to catch those candid shots with the Family. The location of that outward camera on the bottom of this unit makes it so awkward. Speaker location at the bottom edges and the short stylus might just be its achilles heel. I have difficulty with the power button. No little feet on that bottom, so that means it will scratch more easily. What really surprises me is the ability to surf the net. That really shows me the power of that "New" in the hardware.
As always with Nintendo, this is a solid, well built, quality piece of hardware. I wanted this console mainly for the "New" tech to be able to play games like Xenoblade Chronicles. And I can see the power of the system in that game. I am hopeful that they will put out more titles that take advantage of the processing power of this hardware.

Interestingly a lot of these are showing up on eBay at a discount. That is where I got mine which seems untouched and still in the box.

Congrats!! I still have my original, launch 3DS. Not sure if I want to upgrade but if I do, it will probably be this.

retro junkie said:
Interestingly a lot of these are showing up on eBay at a discount. That is where I got mine which seems untouched and still in the box.

I'm sure the Switch had a lot to do with that.

I got my eye on the Switch, but right now I want to pick up every 3DS game that I really want. There hasn't, yet, been that game that makes me think, "I got to have a Switch." If you know what I mean. I know there is that Zelda game but I need more than one.

Congrats! Happy new game system day!

I am still eying a 3DS. I really need to replay my DS Castlevania games too!

Make that a "New" 3DS xl / LL. Or maybe a "Used New 3DS xl" Just trying different combos of that name, LOL. I hope they fix that naming in the next portable. ::)

My 3DS xl fell into disuse after my 2DS xl purchase. That is only because my 3DS xl was the older unit. It was not "New."