Sega 32X Is my 32X plug n' play??

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Okay it's a stupid stupid question. ::) I busted open the box last night making sure that the packing peanuts didn't get blown anywhere that my daughter would find them. After collecting all the Genny goodness I ran off to my room like a kid on Christmas morning, grabbed my 32X and shoved it on top of the Genesis. Now, I know that I need a power cord for the 32X to do it's magic. Big deal. For the meantime I'll just use the one off my SMS. Now, besides the power cord, do I have to plug anything wire-wise into the Genesis from the 32X?? I ask this because there are a ton of A/V ports in the back of the 32X, but none match the Genesis.

Hep me!! Hep me!! :D

There should be a short cord, about 6 inches, that goes from your Genesis a/v slot to the a/v in slot of your 32X. You then run a cable from the a/v on the 32X to your TV. Hope that helped.

Here you go. I found a page that explains it in much more detail.

http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/gen_32x_hookup.html

Tommy V said:
There should be a short cord, about 6 inches, that goes from your Genesis a/v slot to the a/v in slot of your 32X. You then run a cable from the a/v on the 32X to your TV. Hope that helped.

Here you go. I found a page that explains it in much more detail.

http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/gen_32x_hookup.html

Yup. You can't just put the 32X on the genesis and have it just work. I wish it wasn't like that, but it is what it is.

What 32X games did you get?

Did you  receive the small metal pieces that stabilize the connection between the 32X and the Genesis?

I have the small cable. However the plug end is much too small for the Genesis. Unless there is another port on the Genesis that I didn't see.

And as for not being able to just stick the 32X in the Genesis, the game in the 32X and play to your heart's content, that's just plain stupid. It defies common sense to have to use an A/V cable to transmit all the information.

Games?? Doom 32X, Star Wars Arcade 2X, and Cosmic Carnage 32X. If they suck, then who cares? I paid nada for them all.

Dart said:
I have the small cable. However the plug end is much too small for the Genesis. Unless there is another port on the Genesis that I didn't see.

And as for not being able to just stick the 32X in the Genesis, the game in the 32X and play to your heart's content, that's just plain stupid. It defies common sense to have to use an A/V cable to transmit all the information.

Games?? Doom 32X, Star Wars Arcade 2X, and Cosmic Carnage 32X. If they suck, then who cares? I paid nada for them all.

Actually, I dont think you'll like this, but I think the 32X only plugs into certain genesis's. Do you know which one you have?

Yeah I could do that. Gimme a few and I'll spam it up on this topic. :lol

th_IM000036.jpg

th_IM000035.jpg

th_IM000033.jpg

Okay, who sees my problem, if there is one??

Um, yes? It's the plug that 8 pins, and is about a quarter of an inch in diameter. The plug in end in the back of the Genny is about 3/8" in diameter.

Do you think you can get a slightly bigger picture of the plug? An S-video cable only has 4 pins. Im not sure what it is.

No that's not S-Video. The Genesis like the Saturn had a connection to the system reminiscent to an S-Video connection. I take it you don't have all the parts necessary as displayed on the link I provided earlier?

Apparently not.

Creepin', I need the middle cable that's in Tommy's link. Maybe BV has extra cables from a busted 32X. Maybe that's why it was found in a dumpster...

guitarwizard said:
If you have a version 3 Genesis(the tiny one)then the 32X will not work in my experience

That is correct, but I believe Dart said he has the Genesis 1. That was actually the coolest looking one. I used to be the proud owner of one of those. The one I have now is the Genesis 2 with the 32X and Sega Cd addons.

I thought that perhaps Mr.Dart meant that he had only one genesis,and was not specifying the model of said machine.
I have just inspected the rear of my 32X,and all of the plug inputs/ends are of the same approximate size