Original DDR?

Joined Jan 2008
5 Posts | 0+
I have a PC version of a game called Dance Master/Superstar Dancer that's very similar to DDR. Does anyone know anything about this? It's for Windows 95/98. The copyright on the readme says; Cyber Disco, Digitech Lab - August 1st, 1999. Is this the demo to DDR or something. The dance pad looks very similar.

Interesting. While DDR came out a year earlier than '99 (source: Wikipedia), I've never heard of this game before. Can you snap a pic of the box, possibly? GameFAQs has never heard of it, either. Also, welcome to the forums! I love DDR discussion.

The arcade vers came out earlier that year. "For Playstation" is printed on the box on mine and there is a seal that says PC version. Here's a few pix;

Box.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Yep, that's a Konami DDR pad all right.

The only thing I could find on the internet about this was a "buy" page from the Internet Archives' WayBackMachine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060513150133/http://www.rvtoyoutlet.com/p-0299.html

This is very interesting. I'm gonna ask about this on the DDRfreak site.

How do you know it is a Konami Pad, Kirby?

I've never seen or heard of this game (version)... Let alone a PC version.
Do the other DDR games come in a PC version?

†B†V† :hat

I received this, probably almost 10 years ago, at a trade show...forget which one, but it was either CES or an audio/recording equipment show.

Bluevoodu said:
How do you know it is a Konami Pad, Kirby?

I've never seen or heard of this game (version)... Let alone a PC version.
Do the other DDR games come in a PC version?

†B†V† :hat

I know because I've owned several of them in the past. That's the way Konami makes a good majority of their DDR homepads. Also, note that the female character on the box is a DDR character frequently seen throughout the games. There's been one official release of a DDR game on the PC. I've never seen this before, though.

i have never heard of that game.

and WTF!?!?! you have a windows 98 computer? i have a XP and that's considered very old. yours is an antique!

I still have the game in the orig box, as pictured above, if anyone's interested. Make an offer.