Best N64 game....

Joined Jun 2004
7K Posts | 0+
Indiana
My favorite is Perfect Dark, hands down. Multiplayer has alot of options and features for its generation. Up to 8 bots of varying skill and style in one match, plus you can choose what weapons are in the match. Things like those, which weren't standard then, or even standard now, left an impression that I still judge games against now.

Yeah, Perfect Dark was the ultimate multiplayer game on the 64. My friends and I always played that when we got together. We played PD more than Mario Kart 64, even.

For some reason, we never got into GoldenEye.

I don't know about best N64 game, since I didn't play them all, but my personal favorite is Ocarina of Time.

I may have to agree with you guys on Perfect Dark.......the simulants were what had made it better in comparison to goldeneye, i think

You must play it! Anyway, I think BV is selling it for about $5, if you could buy from him.

Ocarina of Time, hands down.

Some other N64 games I liked: Mario 64, WWE NO Mercy. Majora's Mask. Donkey Kong 64, Turok.

Retro, have you tried Perfect Dark? As cheap as you can get it, (under $10) it is absolutley worth a try.

nhl 99 was a great game :)

I am still down with Goldeneye though... for some reason, I liked it better than Perfect Dark... Although.... Perfect Dark was a GREAT game!

Ocarina of time was good.... Majoras mask was good.... Bomberman was good.... Mortal Kombat 4 was good.... Resident Evil 2 had the best version on the N64...
There were a lot of REALLY good games on the N64.... I know people said there were not... but thats BS IMO.

I mean.. I have 40+ N64 games.... and many are REALLY fun.

†B†V† :hat

Starcraft 64 was a great game because of its co-op. Grab a friend, put on some comps, and get ready for hours of fun. I have honestly spent more than 4 hours in one match with a friend of mine.

Hey what about Conkers Bad Fur Day?
That was an unbelievable game for the time and it had an even more amazing Multiplayer experience.

For some reason I really enjoyed Pokemon Snap. It was fun trying to get the best picture for the highest score. Maybe because I am into photography in real life. :)

I still think Ocarina of Time was the best N64 game though.

Spartikcus said:
Hey what about Conkers Bad Fur Day?
That was an unbelievable game for the time and it had an even more amazing Multiplayer experience.

Oh man, Bad Fur Day saw alot of action in my neighborhood. Despite its content, we had tons of fun playing CTF and all that vs the surprisingly good bots.

I cant wait for the Rehash on Xbox Live.
That game didn't sell too well on the N64, but that is only because it sold 2 months before Gamecube came out. :'(

It was a really well made game. But it was on Nintendo's black list. Nintendo Power seemed to refuse the fact that it existed.

Well I have only played a few, and Im still waiting for mine to arrive, but I would have to agree with FF7

Goldeneye

:woot

Starcraft was pretty cool. And I loved Pokemon Snap. Another game is Wrestlemania 2000. Everyone I know who has N64 has that game. Also Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. Can't forget those. But the best N64 gane of all time is...Goldeneye. I would take Goldenye over any of the new Bond games (except maybe Agent Under Fire but only becuz of it's multiplayer mode). 2nd place goes to...Mario 64. I know everyone who owns N64 has played this game at one time or another. I would give it the first place but i'm allergic to mushrooms :lol seriously) and 3rd place goes to...Starcraft 64. I remember the train mission where there is two different paths you can take depending on your destruction of the train. Man. I gotta get an N64 again :D