Guy beats Super Mario 64 in 16mins and 27 seconds....WOW!!!

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8473121833910554075&q=mario

Someone remove the controller from this guy's hands...the game caught on fire :lol just GOOD LORD!! :eek:

That cake better taste pretty good

I don't relly like speed runs, just clever manipulation of the game space

So is that real or faked?

And if it is real does this guy have like no life outside of Mario? I shudder to think the kind of hours one has to put in to get that good on that game.

Whether it's real or not doesn't bother me one bit. Just seeing it go by so quick is fun enough. :lol

I think the guy used a lot of expertise, and he used something to assist Mario on his wild jumps. So he basically cheated in a way.

Still it's pretty cool. Makes me want that game for my N64.

I haven't gotten into any Mario games since basically the NES.

Well have any of you read the comments on the side?

This movie was made using an emulator with savestates and slowdown. It's meant to show the game pushed to its limits.

For once I want to see it done on an actual console. Oh and some of the timing on some of the platforms seems a little too convenient.

Ghouls N Ghosts said:

Someone remove the controller from this guy's hands...the game caught on fire :lol just GOOD LORD!!  :eek:

Link doesn't work :mad:

works fine on my side...odd

man... there is no way..... that guy had to be cheating... cool video... but there is no way.  There were a few places he jumped through the walls..

It's an amazing video though :)   pretty cool looking.

BUT... I have to say *like creepin said*.... I want to see people do this stuff on real consoles. I think for records to count.... there should be a no emu rule.

†B†V† :hat

Tommy V said:
I haven't gotten into any Mario games since basically the NES.
man o man.. did you miss out with Super Mario 64, super mario world... etc.

Heck, I really like super mario sunshine as well... but it didn't fair well with others.

due to the way this guy played though.. his record shouldn't count for much.  I think for records to count, everything should be 100% legit AND playing on a console..

one of the oddball parts is where he used that bomb to jump through the gate to get the star (at the very beginning).  That just isn't right.... no?
that... and the wall mini boss where he is jumping on his back.. you cannot jump through the boss like that... if you tried in the normal game, I think you'd be squished....

It's still cool to watch, I'ver never seen anyone jump around like that... I gotta try it.  I've done some decent stuff... but not like this.

Is it possible to jump off the walls like that?  IE at the top of your jump, to get a boost off the wall and jump again?

one of my favorites is when he jumps off the side with the baby penguin and lands by the mother penguin :lol :lol

Bv :hat

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh so that's what it is. He didn't use a cartridge in his N64 he used an emulator on his pc. Bogus man, really bogus. I've tried emulators. A lot of them tend to be slow and buggy, I've since ceased even trying emulators.

Ghouls N Ghosts said:
It looks legit until he starts doing that odd ball jump

Dunno man. To me it looked real until the disclaimer flashed on the bottom of the screen saying he was using some program to make Mario jump like a rabid Rabbit in heat.

Ok, I asked a few friends... and apparantly, if you read the description on the right side of the Google Video area, you'll see that it is a "tool-assisted" movie.

It was done on an emulator, with savestates and slowdown.

Savestates: Basically, a quicksave/quickload program. So when he did something right he could quicksave, and if he messed up he could just load where he last quicksaved.
Slowdown: Slows any ROM game down to any speed desired. Used to make difficult jumps/precise timings.

So it all is completely possible, if you can do it all perfectly. Those exploits used were actually in the old SM64 game.

KirbyRockz said:
So it all is completely possible, if you can do it all perfectly. Those exploits used were actually in the old SM64 game.
SO, you could actually jump like that in SM64 on a console? IF you played it perfectly?

†B†V† :hat

is that for real? omg...i still haven't beaten it...that may also be because i haven't played it in yrs but still...WOW :eek: