Best games for the N64? Looking at getting one, but what games make it worth it?

Joined Nov 2005
140 Posts | 0+
Denver, Colorado
What games would you recommend for a new N64 owner?

GAMEFAN

well.. PERFECT DARK :) its cheap new..... and it is a great game.

Pilot wings
mario 64
Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Winback (one of my personal favs)
Sin and Punishment (import)
Bangai-oh (import)
Turok 1 (I like 2 as well... but 1 is my fav)
Blast Corps
Harvest Moon
Tony Hawk 3 (some people really like the N64 version)
Bomberman 64 (the 4 player version)
GOldeneye (of course)

and there are many more... but that is definitely a good list to start with :)

Bv :hat

here is another topic with more :)
http://www.egameaddiction.com/forums/index.php?topic=2666.0

BV :hat

Re: Best games for the N64? Looking at getting one, but what games make it worth

perfect dark
both legend of Zelda games
golden eye

Perfect Dark
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Cruis N' World (well...I like it!)

Re: Best games for the N64? Looking at getting one, but what games make it worth

This seems a bit of a dead topic, but I really wanted to put Conker's Bad Fur Day on here. I loved that games, especially with the Matrix spoof. Even though it was so much, I think that was the best I had ever seen. plus all the adult humor and quirky gameplay. And I loved Beach on muliplayer. I always played teh Teddiz and used the sniper and got the squirrels before they even made it off the bridge. Ah, great game.

Don't forget Super Smash Bros. I have many a fond memory of playing that game.

pwcsquared said:

Ah yes, how could I forget it? It was a great game that made many of my friends mad. :D

If you like wrestling games, make sure to pick up WWF No Mercy, which is generally regarded as the best wrestling game to ever come out in the US.

conkers bad fur day ah that is an awesome game but only if you like violent games

You've played Winback BV? I played it once but two major things happened (one being me sick with a bug :p) at the time so when I even see the name I feel sick.

That starcraft game? :D,RTS

i bet u could get an n64 and like 10 games for the price of a ps3 game.

um

OoT
MM
mario 64
perfect dark
goldeneye
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie

stay away from

DONKEY KONG 64

Donkey Kong 64 rules.

And I agree, the N64 had the best Wrestling games on any system.

Hybrid Heaven and Body Harvest are a couple of obscure titles that are pretty good. I also loved Doom 64, though a lot of folks didn't.

You can get any game for that system and enjoy it.

Goldeneye (MY FAVE!)
The World's Not Enough
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Star Wars Games
and Army Men

pwcsquared said:

A B Z Start

Great times. I personally had a lot of fun with Donkey Kong 64. It's just so expansive.

I have been thinking about getting a bunch more n64 games. I mean I currently only have like 9 left and there are ones I want back and ones I never played yet, and no other system feels as cool as the 64.

If I were going to recommend games I would definately reccomend Mario 64, Mario Kart, Star Fox 64, Blast Corps, and I also liked Yoshi's Story but Some people don't like that one.

I have not played through the Zelda games, or Harvest Moon, or DK, or the Banjo games, but I have heard they were all awesome too.