Ocarina of Time Vs Majoras Mask?

Which game do you think is better and why?

• Ocarina of Time is the Best!

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Majoras Mask is the Best!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • They both Rule!

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I am curious.... what do you all think?

Which N64 Zelda game is better? Majora's mask or Ocarina of Time?
Please vote it up, and you can reply and explain as well :)

†B†V† :hat

Ocarina of time. It was the first 3D Zelda out, so it wins in the originality stakes. It was also much better, so yeah.

Love the way MM played though.

I have only played Ocarina of Time. I really, really love that game. Never did play Majora's Mask.

I've played both and loved them. OoT was my favorite, but I couldn't vote for just it because MM ruled too, so I voted both. I loved how in MM you could change into other species.

Ocarina of Time still has the best bosses and dungeons of any Zelda game, IMO. My hands-down favorite is Phantom Gannon and the Forest Temple. I could do that temple over and over and not get bored.

I hated the boss Odalwa (sp?) in MM. He wasn't hard or anything, just the noises he made were freaking annoying. Almost as bad as Baby Mario on Yoshi's Island.

Retro Hero said:
Was that the first boss?

yeah... I forget... where was that boss at?

gr.... I need to replay this game :( its been tooo long... I am starting to forget things.

IMO... for story elements.... and challenge... MM ruled OOT. But OOT had the exploring and dungeons down... so that ruled in another department.

My parents are nuts about OOC. They've said Majora's Mask was a little too confusing and not as straight forward.

I'm seriously considering finding the Gamecube disk with OOC: Master Quests for my dad's birthday.

Grindspine said:
My parents are nuts about OOC.  They've said Majora's Mask was a little too confusing and not as straight forward.

I'm seriously considering finding the Gamecube disk with OOC: Master Quests for my dad's birthday.
well.. if you need it... its here :)

Majora's mask was a bit confusing... but the puzzling and frenzied nature of the game made it great.

I mean... that was the purpose of the game. You had a deadline... you had to get things done in a certain amount of time... if you didn't .... the world dies. Its all up to you to save the world.

You really start feeling the pressure as the moon comes closer and closer, you know?

Majoras Mask just had an awesome feel to it. The last 5 minutes of the game are the best too. The music.... the mood..etc.

I thought that transforming into different Link's was a great feature, but should of been used a lot more for different challenges.

The Boss battles were also good...especially that Bull boss that you fight with Goron Link.

I have beaten both of them.

I've only beaten MM once though, and I didn't even use Oni Link, because I couldn't get that mask. So I beat it with like...the Bunny Mask or something. Heh. I was pretty proud of myself for that.

I haven't beaten MM. I couldn't get past the dungeon with Zora Link, can't remember the name of it.

Retro Hero said:
I haven't beaten MM. I couldn't get past the dungeon with Zora Link, can't remember the name of it.

I hated that dungeon. It felt way too tedious, and the boss was really hard to beat. I had more trouble with that boss than with the actual final boss of the game...seriously. I don't know why. Maybe my strategy just sucked. But I always dreaded going to that dungeon.

Majora's Mask by a land slide. For those of you who have not finished MM, get off the Epona and finish the game...

It was glorious and 3 times larger in mass then OoT landscapes. I'm sad that this Zelda game was released during the worst time for Nintendo's history (During October 26th, 2000) right next to the PS2 launch

I enjoyed Orcarina of Time for a long time, but I avoided Majora's Mask since it's release, but last year 2004, I finally finished it, and I was blown away at the depth of this bizarre unique game.

Images and animation being pulled off on MM that OoT could not possibly do.

Do yourself a favor, as a Zelda fan, you got to finish it!

OOT was an awesome game that i never got tired of. while i got annoyed at MM for a few reasons that I'm not getting into right now

I got sick of the 3 days, if I had to see what day it was one more time, I was gonna end the cartidges existance. Ocarina all the way.

I hated the whole if-you-forget-to-save-or-don't-finish-the-dungeon-it-restarts thing in Majora's Mask. So I liked Ocarina.