Neo Geo CD Show Off Your NGCD Collection

Joined Jul 2005
90 Posts | 0+
Green Bay, WI
It seems it's been a while since anyone has shown off there Neo Geo CD collection. So lets see what you've got!

My collection is a modest 17 titles, Japanese only.

ngcd.jpg

I don't care for fighting games, so I only have the 2 fighters that were bundled with my system when I bought it.

I also have a boxed system, Japanese, which I region modded to US, so I could read the menus. I have two controllers, a pad and and original stick.

...and here is my collection...

97 games + Last Hope + the wooden box KoF '98 + the box Art of Fighting 3.

Unfortunately there are still missing 19 spine-cards, but I'm working on it...

Nice collection tadpole! I should be there in another 5 years ;) Looks like you have them all in a plastic baggie? For protection? What drove you to have a complete collection like that?

Okay here is my collection. Mine too is modest with only 27 titles. I only have eleven of those with spine cards. Two of them have covers that I downloaded from the net and printed them just so they would not appear naked in the case, Real Bout Special and Magician Lord.
snkcollection1.gif
snkcollection2.gif

At this point, I may be looking at next year before I can add more to my collection. :(

kgenthe said:
Nice collection tadpole! I should be there in another 5 years ;) Looks like you have them all in a plastic baggie? For protection? What drove you to have a complete collection like that?
Yes, the plastic baggies are for protection. And I collected 4 years for this collection. But I can't tell you why...perhaps only to collect anything. Although it's an expensive hobby... :)

But nice to see that there are more collectors outside.

And if somebody has some spine-cards to swap - please let me know.

I love how the spines of the CD cases have silly descriptions like "Real Shooting Game" and "Hyper Real Rally Game" and other nonsensical things written in English.

...yes, the discriptions are really "great"... I found "dramatic shooting game" or "realistic 3-D battle"... really quite cool... :lol

Well my NGCD collecting has slowed in the past 12 months, but here is what I have added to my collection (bringing my total to 21):

4809066090_c241f8600d.jpg

I've only added Last Blade 2 since I made the post above. I had been wanting to pick up a few more. And I do have my eyes on a few. One of them you have in that photo "kgenthe" which is ASO II. I grabbed up a PSP recently and then picked up the SNK arcade collection vol. 1 for it. Playing Metal Slug on it.