FC Mobile II by Hyperkin. The II stands for "THE REVENGE!"

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
Okay so 3 years ago, we talked about the FC Mobile. It had a few problems like color swap, compatibility issues, and the button configuration was quite odd. HOWEVER...later that year, HYPERKIN released the FC MOBILE II and holllly cow! It fixed so much and then some! Let's begin!

OhyeahtheHat.png

The hat does NOT lie! It was "On like Donkey Kong".

SetupAcc.png

Lovely bundle with accessories.

Comes with System, 1 wireless zapper, 2 wireless controllers, AC Adapter, and an AV Cable. You can find these for $55 or less on Amazon.com these days. The system requires 4 AA batteries for portable on the go fun. The Controllers need 2 AAA batteries each and the zapper needs 3 AAA Batteries! OUCH! Yet, I can't complain since they came with the system :lol Just be prepared if you want to use the controllers, but it's totally optional since I'm just focusing on the portable awesome-NES it really is. :D

260235_10150225348398386_541823385_7418136_5762524_n.jpg

Upon start up, I noticed the system was very loud with speakers crackling. It was accidentally on full volume. After adjusting this on the bottom of the unit, I was pleased with the matching colors that were not insanely screwed up like the FC Mobile 1, and the music matching up to what a real NES sounds like.

HyperkinLove.png

The Control setup is pretty comfortable. Sporting a similar look to a Super NES button layout and the d-pad is pretty responsive. I like the fact the reset button is safely placed away from the intense gameplay you'll be dealing with in this portable bliss. Hyperkin did a really outstanding job with testing this little beauty. So much testing it seems that it is actually compatible with one NES cart that gives every NES clone a freakin' CURSE.

267684_10150225346738386_541823385_7418125_6865178_n.jpg

I'm talking none other than DRACULA'S CURSE. It is due to the unique soundchip in the cartridge that makes it difficult for any NES clone system to play. Yet, this portable puts me in shock, brings up the ratings higher in my book, and much happiness to see and play a portable CASTLEVANIA 3 without emulation! A MUST have for collectors!

This is MegaDrive20XX saying, "This is THE portable NES that rocks your retro tube socks off! Now you're playing with POWER! PORTABLE POWER!"

I tested the following games on it:
CastleVania 3 Dracula's Curse
Contra
Super C
Contra Force
Super Mario Bros.
BAD DUDES
Duck Tales
KUNG FU

and I'll find more games from my graveyard to see how much damage this little badboy can do!

Hmmm..... I have the first NES portable. Reading this has made me want this one too. Nice first look at the system.

retro junkie said:
Hmmm..... I have the first NES portable. Reading this has made me want this one too. Nice first look at the system.

Thank you! I just tested Mega Man 3, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Blaster Master. The system is also available in white!

I tested the controllers and the zapper too, both are amazing to use! I can set the system down at an angle and use the controllers! As for the Zapper, you need a CRT TV and you can't shoot the little portable screen sadly.