What the heck is a Gizmondo?

Joined Oct 2004
9K Posts | 1+
Los Angeles, CA
I saw an ad for this in the latest issue of gameinformer and started wondering what it was. Its a portable game system that Ive never heard of. Have any you heard of it? Is it any good?

Here is the official link.

http://www.gizmondo.com/

you know..I have NO CLUE.

weird.... I don't have time to look at this much because I am in the middle of taking a test :lol
I'll check it out later.

BV :hat

Bluevoodu said:
you know..I have NO CLUE.

weird.... I don't have time to look at this much because I am in the middle of taking a test :lol
I'll check it out later.

BV :hat

:lol You're such a rebel Blue. You better pass. :D

Its a little like a GP32.

Iirc it can pack a fair punch, lots of titles rumoured to be in development, lots of emu potential (bad thing imo). Its pretty much scorned in the uk gaming forums, ds or psp for us lot. One of these things that has potential but doubtless won't make any waves tbh. And it has the worst name for a console ever. hey guys..fancy some gizmondo action...oh dear :lol

It actually looks pretty nice. It has a 400MHz processor (compared to the PSP's 300MHz) and some sort of Nvidia graphics chip. The graphics look nice (from what I've seen) and the GPS and GPSR (play multiplayer through GPS from anywhere in the world to anyone in the world) really add to the system.

Isn't 'Gizmondo' spanish for paperweight? :)

I apoligize, I've seen too many LaQuinta commercials.

Gizmondo? Sounds like a child's name for an imaginary friend. :lol