Introduce Yourself!

Status
Closed
Joined May 2004
2K Posts | 0+
Texas
Hey there! New to the Game Addict's boards? Let me be the first to say Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to let me or one of the other moderators/administrators know.

Anyways, why don't you give us some information about yourself?

I'll start.

My name I go by is Kirby. I came here back in 2002 and ever since I've had a great time here. I live in Texas and have two brothers. My favorite company is Nintendo (yes I'm a fanboy) and I spend a lot of time playing games like Super Smash Bros. Melee. My favorite game of all time though, is Halo 2.

Your turn! Even all you vets need to post something to help new members feel welcomed.

I hope you have a great time here :D

Welcome!  Recky here at your service.  I'm a PC gamer, but also have Xbox and PS2, so I'll be able to answer any of your questions (to the best of my ability :D) about those platforms.

I used to be a member back before this board moved, but was never active.  Obviously I've increased my activity and I've been a happy poster ever since.

Enjoy your stay, and remember to recommend this forum to your friends :D

Bluevoodu, owner and operator of Game Addict's, has VERY good prices on his games/accessories (less than stores even with shipping).  Make sure to support the man in charge :D

My name is Michelle but most everyone here just calls me Mai.

I've been around for quite a while, since we were still on the Ezboards. I'd say maybe  since 2003, but I don't remember for sure.

I'm the resident Nintendo fangirl, but I also have consoles from the other companies and I enjoy games made by other companies, especially Namco.  :)

I work in video game retail so sometimes I have good stories.  :D

I like to post video game information I come across, so that's why I have so many posts. I keep up to date on almost everything going on in the video game world, so if ever you have questions, I'm one of the people you should ask.  ;) The only thing I don't keep up on is PC gaming, and that's because my computer sucks.  :p

Anyway, for all the new people reading, welcome, and I hope you enjoy it here.

My real name is Max and I am 22. I've been on the game addicts board for quite some time now, I did however, change screen names once we switched to smf so that's why the post count ain't up ::) I am into all games and sytems but I tend to favor Nintendo and MS/Xbox and I'm currently enjoying MGS3, GTA SA, and the DS. Other than video games I'm into guitars and basically anything music. I listen to mostly heavy metal stuff like Metallica, but I will also sit and relax to a nice game soundtrack. So, welcome, and feel free to post, we won't bite...well, not all of us *cough linktriforce cough* ahem.

x2 said:
My real name is Max and I am 22. I've been on the game addicts board for quite some time now, I did however, change screen names once we switched to smf so that's why the post count ain't up ::) I am into all games and sytems but I tend to favor Nintendo and MS/Xbox and I'm currently enjoying MGS3, GTA SA, and the DS. Other than video games I'm into guitars and basically anything music. I listen to mostly heavy metal stuff like Metallica, but I will also sit and relax to a nice game soundtrack. So, welcome, and feel free to post, we won't bite...well, not all of us *cough linktriforce cough* ahem.
I'm sorry, but I had to point this out.  You favor the big "N" and MS, but you're currently enjoying two PS2 games :lol

Just a suggestion here, but it might be a good idea to make a new Forum for this. I don't think it stands out enough.

Retro Hero said:
Just a suggestion here, but it might be a good idea to make a new Forum for this. I don't think it stands out enough.
Yeah, I'll second that. Something like this should be right there in the front of the boards, not somewhat hidden in the general topics.

BV, when you get time maybe you could look into this?

Yo. Stealth_toilet here, a lot of people call me stealth for short, though I prefer ST, but it doesn't matter either way. I'm 17 and used to be a Nintendo fan but now I don't really care. I'm more of a "casual gamer" than anything so most of my videogame news and such comes from this board. I, like X2, love music in most of its forms, despite a lack of any musical talent myself. I enjoy reading, watching movies, shooting some bball, and playing devil's advocate in any arguement. I don't really know much about anything but I have an opinion on everything. I also did a quick stint in electronics retail but now I'm happily unemployed. Oh, and I've also never purchased anything from BV's site, but that's only because I haven't bought a game in the past couple months, and I definitely plan to buy my next game from his store.

Hey,

I'm probably the oldest here(age wise) at 33. I have an N64 and GBA and I love them both. I like riding my bike, visiting friends, and watching Seinfeld and That '70's Show reruns. I'm a big sports fan but I love baseball and hockey. I too love music with my favorite being punk rock(not that new pop punk junk! It gives punk a bad name.) I've only been on the boards a couple of months but I think it's great!! That's about it...I'll shut up now. :D

:af

LinkTriforceGC, or John, or John-Michael, or Link... whatever.

I'm the trouble maker of the board, and I'm also the biggest geek on here. My life is games, Star Wars, reading, writing... anything that is assocated with being a geek. I'm 18 living in Louisville KY, and very outspoken person. My AIM is LinkTriforceGC, and I play just about every online game out there, so if you ever need to be schooled, just ask.

Oh and I'm also the proud winner of the one and only Game addicts contest....{read:snob} :lol :lol :lol

Guys, I posted about this having its own board... go and post as well if you agree

Hmm hello, Ackula here. I'm 25, about to turn 26...I'm married..work in the CD industry. I been with the Neo-Geo CD forums for a little over a year now, then moved to these forums after they merged. I'm the resident old school 2D gamer. Mostly I prefer Fighters and shooters, and my fav systems are Neo-Geo, SNES, Dreamcast, Saturn, and PS2. I'm into Japanese music, movies and culture....collect horror movies, play D&D, and collect pretty much anything Neo-Geo. If ya got questions regarding fighters, 2D games in general, and of course Neo-Geo..I'm one of the ones to ask here I guess.

Oh and Bluevoodu has an awesome store as others have said, great for retro/classic games, and the largest stock of Neo-Geo CD games I know of anywhere! He can and will hook you up if you need a game ;)

Hey all! My real name is Jonathan and I just joined the other day when I was out for some advice about ps2 lan connections. Anyway, I'm 25 and love any kind of war games. I used to play BHD all the time on the pc but since everyone went to joint ops, I haven't been able to play with them cause of my wonderful 56k connection!!!

Hey there,

I am in my 30's, and grew up playing games on my Commodore 64 computer. I have been an avid video game player since then and have owned almost every system released for the consumer market since 1985 or so.

My heart is in old school 2D fighters, and SNK is my favorite publisher.

Samurai Shodown, Magical Drop and Metal Slug games are among my absolute favorites out there, however I like a good round of Halo online once in a while.

Cheers to a wonderful site and props to Blue. Wonderful seller and a great guy to boot!

Oi!!!!

Hi! I'm MegaDrive20XX. I'm 24. Born 10/10/1980. Was recommended to come here by a dear old friend of mine Mr. BlueVoodu.

I've been gaming since I was 3 years old, with my very first Coleco Mini-Table Top of Pac-Man.

At the age of 5, I was trained PC skills on a Commodore 64 and played many games on the Atari 2600 Jr.

Wasn't until 1986 we were introduced to the Sega Master System, my first true console that didn't belong to my brother(Aka hand me downs) lol

I wasn't introduced to Nintendo until June of 1988 When my family could afford one. Was a die hard Nintendo fan up until the Saturn/PSX years of 95 till 1997, which changed my mind on alot of things and gave me more of an open-mind towards systems I have missed out on during the early 90's

Since then I have seen just about everything, from 3DO, Jaguar, PC Engine/Turbo Grafx 16, Dreamcast, Sega CD, Sega 32X, GameGear, Saturn, PSX, Neo Geo AES and MVS, etc. etc.

But when it all comes down to, I'm just an classic gamer who's crazy about Sega :)

Hey hey hey.  Bluevoodu (Dave) here.  I am (Just turned) 25.

ok... site and store front owner / operator / developer.
I play guitar when I have time... and video games.  
My 2 favorite gaming companies: Nintendo and SNK :D

I really enjoy running this site to give you all a cool place to come and hang out online... and something that is different out there from any other site in which people are normally nice to each other, flames are near non-existent.... and a place that is friendly where you don't have to worry about sounding like an idiot and being laughed at (we just laugh at you in the pm's :lol j/k).

Keep this post going :)

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
Hey hey hey. Bluevoodu (Dave) here. I am (Just turned) 25.

ok... site and store front owner / operator / developer.
I play guitar when I have time... and video games.
My 2 favorite gaming companies: Nintendo and SNK :D

I really enjoy running this site to give you all a cool place to come and hang out online... and something that is different out there from any other site in which people are normally nice to each other, flames are near non-existent.... and a place that is friendly where you don't have to worry about sounding like an idiot and being laughed at (we just laugh at you in the pm's :lol j/k).

Keep this post going :)

Heh, what's this guy talking about? No flames? What a joke! HAHAHAHA!!!!! ::D
Just kidding! BV's the man. Yeah, what he said is true, there's not much flaming. I can't denounce all flames, because there were one or two topics that went down in flames, but overall it's a wonderful place to spend some time.

Now join the chat :lol

trkorecky said:
Heh, what's this guy talking about?  No flames?  What a joke!  HAHAHAHA!!!!! ::D
Just kidding!  BV's the man.  Yeah, what he said is true, there's not much flaming.  I can't denounce all flames, because there were one or two topics that went down in flames, but overall it's a wonderful place to spend some time.

Now join the chat :lol
:lol its not just me... its all of you guys / gals :D

and yes, we have had a few topics... but hey... we're still all cool :)
If there is no conflict in a public setting where people get together as a group....somethings not totally right, eh?

and yes, join the chat :)

Status
Closed