What got you into the NEO GEO in the first place?

Metal Slug 5 is the lastest installment?

Wait a sec, are you sure you dont turn into a monkey? I could of sworen that I was playing as the female character and I turn into a monkey with a gun. I know in one of the newer Metal Slugs the boss fights get intensed and annoying! I swear I had to spend like $10 on one level, so hard! I like how you can shoot random stuff and get extra points.

Most of the time I beat the game by myself.

Samurai Shodown at Pizza Hut! Other games I played at pizza huts were: Castlevania, Pac Man, Galaga, and Shinobi.

I remember also seeing it at Electronics Botique or Babages. It was ultra cool but ultra expensive.

When I was a kid, seeing it in stores. Always, always wished for one, and it was my dream growing up. It has been the best system I have ever owned. And the games are fricken fun! I cannot get enough of Samurai Shodown 2 and Magician Lord, and it has been 2 years!

I saw the Neo Geo AES, in the early '90s. A store in Hawaii carried the system and games. The cover art for the games was impressive (Baseball Stars Professional really sticks out). The size of the games was incredible, compared to the Genesis. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to afford one. I also played many Neo Geo games in the arcades.

In the late '90s, I found out that MAME emulated the Neo Geo. This quickly turned to a desire to develop a demo for the Neo Geo. After figuring out how to get a demo running, I was hooked. I found the Neo CD emulator, and got the demo running on it.

Just a few years ago, I bought a Neo Geo CD on EBay. I bought it to see if I could get the demo running on a real Neo Geo CD. I spent about 6 months on and off trying to figure it out, and finally got it working. This led to deverloping Frog Feast for the Neo Geo CD.

I also picked up a Neo Geo MVS and AES, wanting to get Frog Feast working on them also.

I normally do not buy a game system unless I can develop software for it. (This has been true since the SNES and Genesis were released).

The short answer, I wanted to develop a game for the Neo Geo.

Now for the details:
I saw the Neo Geo AES, in the early '90s. A store in Hawaii carried the system and games. The cover art for the games was impressive (Baseball Stars Professional really sticks out). The size of the games was incredible, compared to the Genesis. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to afford one. I also played many Neo Geo games in the arcades.

In the late '90s, I found out that MAME emulated the Neo Geo. This quickly turned to a desire to develop a demo for the Neo Geo. After figuring out how to get a demo running, I was hooked. I found the Neo CD emulator, and got the demo running on it.

Just a few years ago, I bought a Neo Geo CD on EBay. I bought it to see if I could get the demo running on a real Neo Geo CD. I spent about 6 months on and off trying to figure it out, and finally got it working. This led to deverloping Frog Feast for the Neo Geo CD.

I also picked up a Neo Geo MVS and AES, wanting to get Frog Feast working on them also.

I normally do not buy a game system unless I can develop software for it. (This has been true since the SNES and Genesis were released).

Is Frog Feast for sale? If so, do you have the link? Edit: But don't post the link here, just PM me, if there is one.

i think the thing that got me into Neo Geo in the first place was the games themselves (played those beautiful 2/4/6 slot Neo cabs in the arcades). never owned an AES until recently but i've always admired what SNK was doing back in the day. i saw the same advertisements and always wished for a Neo Geo but it was like a far fetched dream.

another thing that got me into the Neo Geo was the cartridges. i am a big fan of carts and these are the best EVER. they are huge and come in an awesome case.

the thing that keeps me into the Neo Geo is the quality of the games. i love good 2D more than anything and the games have outlasted passing generations.