Sega Saturn Should i buy one?

Joined Mar 2007
8K Posts | 1+
Japan
I went on amazon.com and found a GREAT deal on a saturn. Should i buy that with Nights into Dreams? :-X

Yeah I say get it. They are easier to modify to play imports too by way of a RAM (or ROM?) cart that you can find on ebay for like $10. I bought one just in case I wanted to play Japanese games. That and it's great for saving games too.

Yes, Saturn for just Nights is always worth it.

Other games I must add to having a sweet Saturn startup that's pretty affordable

Virtua Fighter 2
Fighter's MegaMix
Fighting Vipers
Virtua Cop 1 and 2 (Good luck finding the guns)

MegaDrive20XX said:
Yes, Saturn for just Nights is always worth it.

Other games I must add to having a sweet Saturn startup that's pretty affordable

Virtua Fighter 2
Fighter's MegaMix
Fighting Vipers
Virtua Cop 1 and 2 (Good luck finding the guns)

Panzer Dragoon series was cool too. :D

Definitely pick one up if you have the chance Maiden..the games that Mega and Dart suggested are all great. :)

If you like rpgs and can get your hands on it, Magic Knights Rayearth is fun. It's by Working Designs so it plays a lot like the Lunar games (which I also recommend).

You should definitely get one. It's a great system with plenty of imports,shooters,fighting and rare games. The only complaint is that after a couple of months you'll have to replace a small battery in the back of the system I believe it's called cr2032. Other than that I got no complaints. It was a great system in it's day.

Wow, best ever? That's kinda stretching it, IMO, but I loved the Saturn. :D

The Saturn is a great little system. I pull mine out, sometimes just to play, In The Hunt, one of the Panzer Dragoons, Astal, Night Warriors Darkstalker's Revenge, Datona, NiGHTS, etc. A lot of great games to be played. A lot of memories to relive. :) A lot of games you just won't find anywhere else.

the Saturn was truly a remarkable console. NiGHTS, to me in this day and age of ridiculously powerful next gen consoles, is still absolutely mindblowing. get it as fast as you can!

retro junkie said:
A lot of games you just won't find anywhere else.

i agree. i think the saturn is special because there are still games remaining exclusive to the hardware, like shining force III. great games you cant play anywhere else.