Sega Game Gear Ever played Sonic Chaos on the Game Gear?

Joined Aug 2004
170 Posts | 0+
Missouri
I played nearly every Sonic game the Game Gear had to offer (with Tail's Adventure and Sonic Drift 1 & 2 being the exceptions), and this one was my favorite by far. I think it came the closest to replicating the Genesis Sonic titles, but it seemed just a tad bit easier to beat than the other GG Sonics. Not that that was such a bad thing though, as the Chaos Emerald "mini-games" added a lot more difficulty and replay value to this excellent game.

oh ya, Sonic Chaos (Aka Sonic and Tails 2 in Japan) was one of the finest sequels to the GameGear Sonic series. Due to the fact this was the first time we got to play as Tails and Sonic finally got his spin dash.

I still felt it was a kick in the pants that Sonic 2 on GG had no Tails or spin dash :(

is that the one where Dr. robotnik's first boss battle included a pit with bunch of pinches?(they where like crab claws)

No....Sonic Chaos...you didn't fight Robotnik until the very end...the first boss battle in Sonic Chaos was the beetle with the spring on his back

You're thinking of the first boss battle in Sonic 2 on GameGear...where you are in a pit, and the iron balls come bouncing at you, and while you dodge them it hits the creature