Atari Jaguar Tempest 2000 - Atari Jaguar - Fan Thread

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Are there any Tempest 2000 fans out there? If post, post here!

this game is probably my favorite for the Atari Jaguar...... and was it made well! In fact, this version beats out all the other versions on other consoles. I have tried the Saturn version and more!
The saturn version messed with some of the sound / and music.... and it just didn't have the same effect the original Tempest 2000 for the Jag did.

T2000 implements a techno beat style music... and it really pulls you into the game.

Who else has played it? Who else has loved it?

†B†V† :hat

I think Tempest 2000 was one of the only good games ever made for the Jaguar. I bought the system along with 8 games for 50 bucks (again, just so I could say I owned the thing) and Tempest 2000 was the only one of the 8 I played that was worth anything.

Z-Force said:
I think Tempest 2000 was one of the only good games ever made for the Jaguar.  I bought the system along with 8 games for 50 bucks (again, just so I could say I owned the thing) and Tempest 2000 was the only one of the 8 I played that was worth anything. 

I thought it was an awesome game. IMO it made the Jag worth buying.

did you play iron soldier? that game was pretty darn cool.... so was alien Vs predator :)

what did you think of tempest?

I only played Tempest one time, but I thought it was pretty good. The controller plug on my Jaguar got bent/broken, so I can't actually play the thing anymore, since I don't care enough for Jaguar to spend money on another controller, so it's sitting in a box in my basement somewhere

man.. $10 would get you 2 controllers now-days... I think. Or maybe $5-9 for 1 :)

That game is WAY more than worth it :) :lol

I seriously get hooked to that game. I mean the sound, music..etc... is just friggin good.

for me Jaguar have Three hit game
Alien Vs Predator
Rayman
and tempest 2000

i's a very good game and i love the music, i buy the tempest sountrack but it's not the same than in the game :-[

wait.. the tempest soundtrack is NOT the same from the game? Seriously?

BV :hat

Yes i'am sure (i have tempest 2000 the game ans the soundstrack CD) and i was very disappointed

This was one of 3 games I played on my Jaguar I had for years before I sold it. There's a great PC tribute like game just like it:

Tsunami 2010 at http://ainc.de/Games.htm

you can even put in the T2k soundtrack CD and use it as a soundtrack! or track down the .MOD's from the game

I wonder if there is <MP3's for the Atari Jaguar Tempest 2000?

tempest on the Atari Jaguar is too addictive. I really enjoy it even today.
I really wish that Minter (spelling?) would have finished his Gamecube project :'(

BV :hat

I thought the remastered audio CD rocked! It came as a pack-in with the Jaguar CD. There are some MP3's on the net for the unreleased Defender 2k soundtrack. Since it was unreleased, I don't think anyone cares about it being copied anymore.

dczx said:
I thought the remastered audio CD rocked! It came as a pack-in with the Jaguar CD. There are some MP3's on the net for the unreleased Defender 2k soundtrack. Since it was unreleased, I don't think anyone cares about it being copied anymore.

hm... I never did get to hear the Cd... I need to do that :)  and see if its good or bad.

All I know is that I love the music from Tempest 2000.

I don't know what it is about the music... but its addicted... and very cool to listen to.... even 10 years later.

Bv :hat

thats reallly a bummer because I wanted to have the CD for the same music from the game :(

Bv :hat

Bluevoodu said:
Are there any Tempest 2000 fans out there?  If post, post here!

this game is probably my favorite for the Atari Jaguar...... and was it made well!  In fact, this version beats out all the other versions on other consoles.  I have tried the Saturn version and more!
The saturn version messed with some of the sound / and music.... and it just didn't have the same effect the original Tempest 2000 for the Jag did.

T2000 implements a techno beat style music... and it really pulls you into the game.

Who else has played it?  Who else has loved it?

I totally agree with you on this. The Jag version seemed to feel and play better than any other version! This is my favorite Jag game! I often pull out the Jag just to play this game.

Jaguar had the best sound chip of any cartridge based console I ever played.

Played it and loved it......the music on a surround system sound incredible and playing the game on a plasma tv in total darkness rocks...