Xbox Live

Status
Closed
we may want to register a name quickly before something like that gets taken tho, so we should decide quickly

go for it .... you all decide what you want :)

Game Addicts sounds cool.... IMO.
or do Game Addiction
or something else .. in case you all don't want that.

BV :hat

I'm in the clan Swordkings. We're pretty good, and love swords :)

And I must say, Bungie did some things very nicely. I can see a list of every game I've played in Halo 2.

Anyone decide what they would like the name to be?

I could throw up the clan site at:
www.egameaddiction.com/clan :)
or www.egameaddiction.com/gdnclan

We could be [GDN] *enter name*
IE [GDN] Bluevoodu

or something like that :D IMO .. that looks cool.

†B†V† :hat

well... it wouldn't be a wise idea to be in more than 1... unless you had a lot of extra time.

vote up for our clan name in general disc :)

communication will resume here soon.

Just got up on Live today, plan to get a starter kit within the next week or so (using a 2 month thing now).  Gamertag's Recky.

[EDIT]
Got the Starter Kit, so now I have the good ol' headset.  Plan to get the Tom Clancy Triple Pack and play some of you guys (and gals) :D
[/EDIT]

Umm...I've got a question about Xbox Live. Ok, one of my co-workers say that you dont have to pay to play online with Xbox, and I could of sworen that you did have to, and Im not sure about the "Live starter Kit" either, I mean I dont understand how all that works, way different from PS2. So do I have to pay a monthly fee in order to pay online or not? Im asking this 'cause I was thinking about purchasing an Xbox and of course I do want to play online. ;)

what the starter kit does is give you a subscription code that you scratch off for a year of service (or the 3 month kit gives you three months).......you dont have to get those kits, but if you dont, they take the money from a credit card (5.99 a month, 50 a year i think)

the good thing about the kits is you get a discount on a headset and a free game, because the kit is 60 or 70, the headset is worth thirty, the card is worth fifty, and i dont know how much the game is

Xbox live can not be free....but, there is a few programs out there that you can use to play the xbox online for free (its not as good, and you cannot communicate through headsets).....i would suggest xbox live

mastermario said:
what the starter kit does is give you a subscription code that you scratch off for a year of service (or the 3 month kit gives you three months).......you dont have to get those kits, but if you dont, they take the money from a credit card (5.99 a month, 50 a year i think)

the good thing about the kits is you get a discount on a headset and a free game, because the kit is 60 or 70, the headset is worth thirty, the card is worth fifty, and i dont know how much the game is

Xbox live can not be free....but, there is a few programs out there that you can use to play the xbox online for free (its not as good, and you cannot communicate through headsets).....i would suggest xbox live
Man...see that's one of the things that I dont want to get an Xbox is because of the online service that they have. I mean who in there mind would pay to play online? The game is already expensive itself and then they want you to pay to play the game online. What about the free online thing though that you mentioned? I mean is that Gamespy Tunnel or something else?

i believe you can use the game spy tunnel....the one i was thinking of was called Xbox Connect (XBC)

www.xbconnect.com i think, and i believe theres one for macs called aquaduct or something

it really is a great online service, and i believe well over a million people pay to play

the thing with me was, i was paying 6 bucks a month for one game on the gamecube (PSO)...so why not pay less than that for unlimited online games

IMO, its well worth the money

Yeah, I finally caved in and bought it (as you can see by my above post). It is really worth it, especially if you have Halo 2 or some sort of game with downloadable content.

Basically, if you get the 1 year kit for $70, that's a good deal.

The headset by itself is $30, Crimson Skies is normally $20, and a year's subscription is $50. So getting the one year starter kit is a $100 value that you only pay $70 for.

And they don't charge you monthly. It's paid all at once. When the time period of your starter kit is about to expire, it will let you know, and the renewel is $50.

But for that money, you get unlimited time online, with any online enabled game. You don't have to pay to play any individual game online. Like if you already have XBOX Live, you don't have to pay anything extra to be able to play Halo 2.

Personally, I find XBOX Live to be pretty cool, and the only thing I use it for is Halo 2. If there's more XBL enabled games that you like on XBOX, you'd probably get even more enjoyment out of XBL than I do. :)

BeastieBoy0369

HALO 2, PROJECT GOTHAM 2, GHOST RECON 2, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT, TOCA RACE DRIVER 2, and some others...

Mai Valentine said:
Basically, if you get the 1 year kit for $70, that's a good deal.

The headset by itself is $30, Crimson Skies is normally $20, and a year's subscription is $50. So getting the one year starter kit is a $100 value that you only pay $70 for.

And they don't charge you monthly. It's paid all at once. When the time period of your starter kit is about to expire, it will let you know, and the renewel is $50.

But for that money, you get unlimited time online, with any online enabled game. You don't have to pay to play any individual game online. Like if you already have XBOX Live, you don't have to pay anything extra to be able to play Halo 2.

Personally, I find XBOX Live to be pretty cool, and the only thing I use it for is Halo 2. If there's more XBL enabled games that you like on XBOX, you'd probably get even more enjoyment out of XBL than I do. :)
I get it now, I thought that you had to pay each time you get online with a certain game, cause that would of been bogus! Thanks for clearing that up. Im still debating on getting an Xbox though.

Status
Closed