Neo Geo CD I've never heard of NeoGeo

Joined Dec 2005
15K Posts | 0+
Fraser, Michigan
I'm serious...lol I've never heard of this. When did it come out? Are they still making games for it? For a final question, is this an imported system (would I have to get it from japan or something)?

Sorry for all the questions, as I probably seem rude for posting about this. :-\

:lol there are many topics here describing what the Neo Geo is...

have you checked out the neogeocd.net section of the Game Addiction website? There is an all about the Neo CD there. The Neo CD is a CD version of the Neo Geo. The Neo Geo was originally a Home Cart / MVS Arcade setup.

The Neo Geo games are arcade perfect. When you buy the games, you are buying the arcade basically.

Here is the link for what the Neo Geo CD is:
http://www.egameaddiction.com/neogeocd/original/neocdspecs.html

More questions after that? I'll be glad to answer them for you.

†B†V† :hat

Ohhh...thank you!

I'll be sure to check that out. :)

Strubes said:
I'm serious...lol I've never heard of this. When did it come out? Are they still making games for it? For a final question, is this an imported system (would I have to get it from japan or something)?

Sorry for all the questions, as I probably seem rude for posting about this. :-\

:lol I had never heard of a Neo Geo before I came here either.

Strubes said:

I've got some more news for you... Many people have indoor plumbing and hot running water... :)

But, seriously it was released in the US (in addition Japan and around Europe), and can easily be found on EBay. There hasn't been an official release in over a year.

There are 3 different Neo Geo systems:

Neo Geo AES - Home console, games are expensive. System price is pretty close the the Neo Geo CD. Hooks directly into standard audio/video connectors.

Neo Geo MVS - Arcade system, games are cheaper. This is the cheapest system, but requires a JAMMA harness and/or a RGB to NTSC (or PAL) converter. This will more than double the price.

Neo Geo CD - CD home console. Games are cheapest on this system, but load time can be long. Many games are cut down from the AES/MVS version, due to memory constraints. It's about the same price as a Neo Geo AES. Hooks directly into standard audio/video connectors.There are 3 different versions. the Neo Geo CDZ reduces the load time of game, but is very hard to find, as it was only released in Japan. The other two system are effectively the same, except for the case.

The nice thing about the Neo Geo system is that the controllers can be used on all three systems, but only on certain MVS versions.