Neo Geo CD Homebrew interest?

Joined Feb 2005
97 Posts | 0+
Houston, TX
Would you consider purchasing smaller homebrew Neo Geo CD games starting at $10 to $13?

At this price, only the CD with professionally printed label would be included. More expensive packages would be available.
Assuming you would purchase the games, would you be more likely to buy just the CD or a full package?

Again, assuming you would purchase the games, how often would you be willing to purchase a new game, assuming the games were worth
purchasing. (There would be a minimum of 3-6 months between games, probably).

The games wouldn't be as big as a normal Neo Geo CD game, but would cost a fraction of the normal price.
How many people play a standard released game for more than an hour?

Does the time spent playing justify the cost?

Do you buy a game as a collectable item or to play it?

I'm pondering the future direction of RasterSoft and how to bring some quality games to the Neo Geo CD. Developing homebrew games
on a non-commercially viable system does has some limitations; we do not have the time or resources to produce a full scale
commercial style release. To compensate for this we want to keep the price as low as possible, narrow the focus to produce the highest quality game and, spread the cost over several game systems. I am trying to determine if
the Mastertronic model, of producing smaller games at a 'smaller' price, would fit in the homebrew market.

Thanks for your time in answering these questions.

Here's one additional question to add to the list:

Would you purchase a $6 CD image, that you could burn for yourself, over a $10 (+ shipping) CD?

Hello

I buy your Cd published by RasterSoft. And honestly the final are not professional :
a DVD box (Why not a CD crystal like the SNK edition)
no manual
a very bad print of the insert

i have no answer of you questions but 25 dollars for that was a very bad achat

I am very happy of your works but you should finalized more

kuk said:
I buy your Cd published by RasterSoft. And honestly the final are not professional :
a DVD box (Why not a CD crystal like the SNK edition)
no manual
a very bad print of the insert

I am very happy of your works but you should finalized more

That's one of the reason we are looking into self publishing. I feel the quality of the CDs would be better using a service such as Cafe Press.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hello

Happy to help you
Effectively i preffer give to you 6€ (with PDF of the insert ?) than a society for this result

you have a news project fo the NeoGeo CD ?

Here's a couple of ideas I've been tossing around:

It's been difficult to settle on an idea for the next game.

I've considered reworking a PC game that I developed a few years ago. It was developed for a 48 hour contest, and was designed to look like an Activision style game from the Atari 2600 time period. It will need a lot of work to make it into a full game, though.

Here's a screenshot of the PC version (the original resolution was 640x480):
ScreenOverhaul.gif

I've done a little work on redoing the graphics:
Mockup.gif

The game is a non scrolling shoot-em-up.

I did a vertically scrolling 'sequel' for a second competition:
Game5.gif

Worm Warrior (Worm Whomper type game):

WormTitle.jpg

Worm.jpg

cdoty said:
Here's one additional question to add to the list:

Would you purchase a $6 CD image, that you could burn for yourself, over a $10 (+ shipping) CD?
yes and no... because I would like to have an insert and all... and for the quality to be like the original neo cd inserts.

for that, I would pay $15+ for a homebrew... ONLY depending on how good the game was. If it's an "ok" game (no offense... no rating your games here)... I would say that I would only do $6 maybe for the title. If it was a top notch title and comparable to *for example* Last Resort, Pulstar, Wind Jammers... I would pay upwards $35 - 50 (if I had the cash at the time).

†B†V† :hat