Neo Geo CD What difficulty setting do you use...

Joined Oct 2005
18 Posts | 0+
...when playing fighters?

I always play on the easiest setting, its the only setting I can ever beat fighting games on!

Don't get me wrong, I can do combos and super mega power attacks (or whatever they're called!) but I always get done over on harder difficulties. Even on the easiest setting some games are too hard and I lack the patients to learn (I'm thinking KoF'94/95!).

On the topic of KoF, why do they get easier as the series goes on? The first two installments are impossible for me. I can't get further than stage 2! ::D

i think SNK programmed some pretty brutal AI on some of their fighting games. however, i stick with the normal difficulty setting because most of the time it seems like it doesnt matter. the first few opponent characters stand around and then the difficulty tends to shoot up, or sometimes it's just unfair from the very start.

I use different difficult settings in every game! Lets say like in KoF 99 (and other easier games) I use Hard or MVS but then there are some HC games like AOF2 and KOF95 etc. I stick to easy and still its hell to beat the game.

I don't play any neo geo fighters... but on other games I always choose MVS to more easily compare with YouTube videos and competitions on the other forums.

I can *almost* clear Neo Drift Out on the hard setting, still about half a second too slow on the final course.