Status
Closed
Joined Mar 2011
2 Posts | 0+
I really hate to waste time but I've been trying to get game sounds on my Turtle Beach Earforce X11 for about 2 hours now. I have the basic audio settings on headset, everything is plugged in securely and correctly. Yes, the volume is turned up.

I previously had it working but I unplugged the audio cables from the back to play my old PS2. Other than that I didn't touch any cords related to my headset.

I can hear voices through my headset but no game sounds... they're on my Samsung.

:? :? :?

So the headsets work everywhere else but your Samsung? I'm assuming your Samsung is a receiver, or is that your TV?

Samsung HD TV. What I meant was: When I have my headset connected to my TV all I have through my headset are my friends voices, and the game sounds are playing through my TV speakers.

So, your console is connected to the TV. Your headphones are connected to the TV. The game sounds are coming out of the TV speakers. Any chat voices are coming out of the TV speakers.

Check the settings on your TV under the Audio options.

I have not used many sets with a headphone output. You might have to disable the TV speakers from the options menu to get the source sounds to go through the headphones only.

The headphones are analog (1/8" mini plug) not USB, right?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/portals/0/Products/Xbox/X11/Home/X11_User_Guide.pdf

There is the manual for the headset. It looks like there are separate Game and Chat volume controls on the headset amplifier. Adjust those and let me know if there is any crackling or if normal sound returns.

Status
Closed