Virtual Memory too low message.... help please!

Status
Closed
Joined Feb 2011
654 Posts | 0+
Michigan
Okay, i used to be able to play CSS on my computer. the only problem at that time was that it took forever to load ANYTHING!!! now, when i try to even activate the game a message comes up saying virtual memory is too low. i have tried deleting old programs and that took care of it for a while but the game was still taking forever to load anything. then the message came back about a month and a half ago so i just gave up. any advice?

i run windows XP. not sure how to look for what else might be needed information wise so if you need more. leave a message on where to find it.

You probably just a need a good pc cleanup. Do a disk cleanup, a disk defrag, and then use msconfig to disable anything you don't need to start when your windows starts. Just google msconfig and it will guide you on how to do it. I am too lazy right now lol.

That might work. But usually when I get a computer that's getting that message I recommend a clean install.

x2 said:
You probably just a need a good pc cleanup. Do a disk cleanup, a disk defrag, and then use msconfig to disable anything you don't need to start when your windows starts. Just google msconfig and it will guide you on how to do it. I am too lazy right now lol.

i will have to try that

Grindspine said:
Hardware-wise, how much memory is available on your video card?

I am not sure i will have to look. i am currently on vacation so i will find out how to do that when i get back. unless you would like to tell me now and i can jsut look later :?

Status
Closed