TurboGrafx Does anyone like the Super Grafx?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Do any of you like the Super Grafx?
I haven't had a chance yet to play one.... and I am curious how the (few and limited) games are on it.

If you have information, please LMK.

†B†V† :hat

I am still debating it. It is, unfortunately, one of the uglier systems I have seen. However, it does play all Turbo games. So, there is potential there.:)

RIGHT... and you can add the PCE Cd player onto the bottom of it and play all cd games as well.

IMO that is a definite bonus!

†B†V† :hat

The sg isn't too bad I suppose. Very ugly and when you hook up the rau rau 30 and cd rom..well frankly it looks a little like battlestar galatica. But it plays all the pce hu cards so that's a bonus.

As for the games

Aldynes, Battle Ace and Granzort...pants.

Darius Plus..few enhancements over the regular version..not bad imo, especially if like DP anyway

1941 - classic shooter (and the only home console version of the gmae I believe) and one of 2 reasone to own the sg...the other being

Ghouls and Ghosts - the definitive home conversion, sheer brilliance. If you like this game you NEED an SG :)

UGLY!??!

IMO SGFX is one of the coolest (if not the) looking consoles ever.

I think Aldynes is one of its best games too, really impressive........wouldnt call Grandzort crap, get to the first boss and its pretty kol.

Baseley09 said:
I think Aldynes is one of its best games too, really impressive........wouldnt call Grandzort crap, get to the first boss and its pretty kol.

Fair enough I suppose, but personally I do think Aldynes stinks.

It would have been good if nec had made more sg games though to take advantage of that extra power. I dunno..nec just seemed to lose it big time after a while..first the sg debacle, then the pitiful pc-fx :lol :lol :lol.

But they did give us the LT so I will love them forever.

I got the chance to play the Super Grafx when I went to this classic gaming expo during the summer. I played two games on it. One was Battle Heat, which was like a cross between Dragon's Lair and Street Fighter (if that doesn't make sense, don't feel bad, I couldn't figure it out either) The other one was an All Japan Women's Wrestling game. Which played pretty similarly to the other one, I couldn't figure it out, and I got pinned in like 30 seconds.

Z-Force said:
I got the chance to play the Super Grafx when I went to this classic gaming expo during the summer.  I played two games on it.  One was Battle Heat, which was like a cross between Dragon's Lair and Street Fighter (if that doesn't make sense, don't feel bad, I couldn't figure it out either)  The other one was an All Japan Women's Wrestling game.  Which played pretty similarly to the other one, I couldn't figure it out, and I got pinned in like 30 seconds.

That's the PC-FX not Supergrafx :af