Sega Dreamcast Mod a Dreamcast?

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Can I mod my Dreamcast to play Japanese games without killing the console or burning my house down??

And how would I take on such a task??

honestly, you need a boot disc. It's the safest way without harming your Dreamcast bro. Find a gameshark disc for it, doesn't matter which one, all versions work, just be sure to "start the game without codes". So when it prompts you to insert a disc, slap in the import and ta da!

Hey...my xbox 360 mod topic was banned...so I don't think I should even say anything..

Strubes said:
Hey...my xbox 360 mod topic was banned...so I don't think I should even say anything..

Yeah but I want to mod my Dreamcast to play Japanese Dreamcast games. Not Ps1, Ps2 or Xbox games. So NEENER!! :lol

:lol sooooo...be quiet! I felt like I actually knew something when I responded to your post! You ruined it! NEENER!!! :lol

Last time I checked, there was a way. There was a lot of hooplah about it a while ago.

OK here's the deal on this mod thing. Since the Dreamcast is now a defunct system, technically it isn't illegal but please do not link to any sites that might help you mod because they may contain ways to mod other current systems. That's a no-no.

creepindeth said:
OK here's the deal on this mod thing. Since the Dreamcast is now a defunct system, technically it isn't illegal but please do not link to any sites that might help you mod because they may contain ways to mod other current systems. That's a no-no.

'Smackly. But since MegaDrive explained that it was a matter of getting a GameShark disk, it's not a biggie.

Mmm. Pancakes...

Im late as hell for this thread.. but all you need is a bootdisc. Some games dont even require bootdiscs and just have self-boot.