• Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other. Read my comments

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
Mai Valentine said:
Halo had a better story, but Halo 2 had better multiplayer. So I don't know.

^
Still true.

My friends and I played Halo 2 on XBL forever after it came out. I had even joined a clan. And unlike a lot of people, I actually didn't mind playing as the Arbiter.

It was mostly the ending that blemished Halo 2 for me. It just seemed so anticlimatic.

I like the ending....it made me want to play halo1 all over again for a odd reason and play halo 2 multiplayer forever.

Mai Valentine said:
^
Still true.

My friends and I played Halo 2 on XBL forever after it came out. I had even joined a clan. And unlike a lot of people, I actually didn't mind playing as the Arbiter.

It was mostly the ending that blemished Halo 2 for me. It just seemed so anticlimatic.

I remember when I beat the game. I literally said. "That's it? I paid 60 dollars for the limited edition of some great game...for that? Are you serious?" I was mad.

Halo however I felt pretty accomplished. The Library is more fun than the entire halo 2 storyline =\

I also liked the arbiter. Even though they were sniper food. Everyone runs around as spartan. Which is where my only multiplayer issue comes up.

Two characters to choose from? Back in oldschool fps games i.e. goldeneye you could choose from tons.

Halo 2 would be awesome if you could run around as a brute.

That would have prolonged it's lifespan a bit for me.

Yeah, I remember when I first beat Halo after that crazy Warthog level. OMG. So much fun. It took me a few tries, so when I actually did it I felt a huge sense of accomplishment. The first Halo had a really awesome ending.

AlphaOmegaX said:
And Kotor was good (but did it hit pc first or last?)
It hit P.C 3 months after Xbox. You're talking to someone who's been obsessed with Bioware for the last 3 years. Trust me on this one. :D

As for Halo 2, I agree with you. I thought the multiplayer was a ton of fun, but the single player sucked, and the multiplayer, while great, wasn't anything revolutionary. And, as Mai said, everyone shouldn't be jumping on him for saying he doesn't like Halo 2.

KOTOR FTW!!!! :D

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
It hit P.C 3 months after Xbox. You're talking to someone who's been obsessed with Bioware for the last 3 years. Trust me on this one. :D

As for Halo 2, I agree with you. I thought the multiplayer was a ton of fun, but the single player sucked, and the multiplayer, while great, wasn't anything revolutionary. And, as Mai said, everyone shouldn't be jumping on him for saying he doesn't like Halo 2.

KOTOR FTW!!!! :D
Thanks :) appreciated for sure. Kotor was a really great game. My very first xbox game...I guess I would have to say it was my favorite now. If only I could take back my vote...swoop racing...should have been a bigger thing! I guess it stemmed off to me owning 50+ xbox games at one point. Maybe that's why I'm so biased on my opinion I guess. I've actually played quite a few titles.

I've been called many a nasty word because I agree with people like Alpha and Cherries on the subject of Halo 2. It was fun, but not innovative. The online content would've been innovative if you didn't have to pay for it (it's the reason I prefer Nintendo WFC over XBL), and the single player was... well... awful. You could tell they made it for multiplayer.

It is of my opinion that one reason (just one reason) everybody likes the multiplayer is because of the game's auto-aim features. Sniping is fun because it sort of "aims" for you when you get close enough to the body. Same with nearly every other weapon. I, however, despise it. I'm a PC gaming vet. I prefer to shoot where I aim without assistance, so this game kind of killed that for me. I didn't feel like I had skill when I headshotted someone. My reticle kind of just followed them; I did less aim than what was normally needed, so I kind of felt like I was cheating.

Just my opinions.

Re: Best game for xbox ever?

I think Maze meant both. ???

Though there's many I could vote for... I might, instead of my usual, speak out for Halo for a change, since after all, it's release DID set new grounds for a new system and games to follow.

Tough choice between KOTOR and Ninja Gaiden! I think NG takes KOTOR in both production values and replay value. KOTOR has great replay value, too, just not nearly as much as NG. And I couldn't help but feel that KOTOR could have used just one more coat of polish.

Yep, confirmed. Loved Ninja Gaiden the best. Forgot to post my thoughts on here.