Rage of the Dragons.... does anyone like this game?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Who likes this game?  I played it and was not fond of it.  IT felt slow, and unresponsive.

Who does like this game?  and why do you like it?
or if you don't like it, please explain as well :)

†B†V† :hat

I had it on my MVS, and really liked it alot. I didn't find it slow at all. It has some cool visuals, especially in the super moves. It wasn't anything ground breaking..but definatly better than alot of sub-par fighters.

I know that Matrimelee really sucked. Matrimelee is fine for a few laughs, but the AI sucks bad. The entire game is extremely easy to get through, and then the end boss is almost impossible to beat. There just is no balance in the game whatsoever.

I enjoy Rage of the Dragons sometimes in the arcades, but if the homecart is anything like Matrimelee, no thanks. Even if you offered Matrimelee to me for $10 I would not take it. The game is THAT bad. Add to that the fact the Matrimelee is plagued by defects. Ugh...eye candy...nothing more.

If you wish for a REAL game, buy SS, RB, FF, or LB.

Holy Cricky, I feel really darn awesome today.

winter said:
I know that Matrimelee really sucked. Matrimelee is fine for a few laughs, but the AI sucks bad. The entire game is extremely easy to get through, and then the end boss is almost impossible to beat. There just is no balance in the game whatsoever.

I enjoy Rage of the Dragons sometimes in the arcades, but if the homecart is anything like Matrimelee, no thanks. Even if you offered Matrimelee to me for $10 I would not take it. The game is THAT bad. Add to that the fact the Matrimelee is plagued by defects. Ugh...eye candy...nothing more.

If you wish for a REAL game, buy SS, RB, FF, or LB.

Holy Cricky, I feel really darn awesome today.

Rage is a great off brand fighter. Matrimelee ROCKS! Sorry, but I love it. Come on, Pochi? Who wouldnt love Pochi????

I would say Matrimelee is one of the best games released on AES in the past few years myself. I prefer it over KOF2k-2k3, SvC, ROTD, or SSV.

Its totally original and wacky, great music and sound..killer character designs, really easy-yet-deep gameplay, challenging boss, excellent concept overall I think.

I never understood why Winter hated it so much...

IMHO..its on of the best...I'd place it in my top 10 Neo games list easily, right below the somewhat similar-but-more-insane Waku Waku 7!

Dr_Ackula said:
I would say Matrimelee is one of the best games released on AES in the past few years myself. I prefer it over KOF2k-2k3, SvC, ROTD, or SSV.

Its totally original and wacky, great music and sound..killer character designs, really easy-yet-deep gameplay, challenging boss, excellent concept overall I think.

I never understood why Winter hated it so much...

IMHO..its on of the best...I'd place it in my top 10 Neo games list easily, right below the somewhat similar-but-more-insane Waku Waku 7!

Where did Winter go?

Kanji said:
Where did Winter go?

She left the boards over a stupid misunderstanding. At least..thats what I think happened...don't qoute me on that though.

I have to admit.. I just don't like this game either.

It just feels too slow... or something like that. Back when they 1st came out... I stocked about 10 of them..... and they just weren't all that it was cracked up to be IMO.

Another thing is that ... I am not sure how this game got so rare... I mean, I had 10 new ones go through me, and at least 6-10 used ones.... now I hardly see the game.

†B†V† :hat

I like the game and I have fun playing it... the tag team matches are something new (except for Kizuna Encounter) and really enjoyable. When in your console games lineup 1-on-1 fighters are 90% of the total, these little differences are really important, IMHO (I even play to the old World Heroes 2 just to have a few "strange" Death Matches... :lol)

Rainman said:
I like the game and I have fun playing it... the tag team matches are something new (except for Kizuna Encounter) and really enjoyable. When in your console games lineup 1-on-1 fighters are 90% of the total, these little differences are really important, IMHO (I even play to the old World Heroes 2 just to have a few "strange" Death Matches...  :lol)
I liked the features..etc.... but the game just seemed too slow...

did you have a problem with that at all?

Bv :hat

I played it again recently, and had no problem with it being slow. It's not slower than most of the other fighters I have. It even seems to be faster than many of them... :? The action is really fluid and the combi system adds a lot to it. Just IMHO, of course! ;)

i really like this game, it is a little slow, but the combos are enough long, i believe rotd is best that matrimelee, but the AI is worse. Annie is very pretty

como es posible que los personajes no se defiendan cuando se ponen de pie!!, hace el juego muy sencillo.

That was a really good game...but the final boss was super cheap...I could not even make one single combo. It's such a pity this game didn't catch on so quickly like the other famous fighters

I used to have the game on MVS. I enjoyed playing it very much! I liked the speed of the fighting and the backgrounds.