Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts | 0+
London
Played em all

My top 2 are MS and MSX

But I love them all

Dr_Ackula said:
being a blood puking zombie owns

Sure does..except that whole doppelganger thing right near the end really gets on my nerves. And the last boss in 3 is such a letdown..hence ms3 not making my top 2.

Me tooooo

First comes the original METAL SLUG then MSlug 4 ( its like a best of MS1-4 )
MSX is follow up.

Since everyone says MS3 ist the best ( maybe the one with biggest levels ) - i dont think so - I didnt like
the bugs as enemy`s. And : I didnt really like Metal Slug 5 with its boring levels. ( most of the MS5 Levels can also be
found in MS Advance on GBA )

I am a slug 4 fan myself. The soundtrack is the best, and I like the strait forward military thing. 3 was fun, but a little spacy for me.

Metal Slug 2....Why? Because now...you can call it the "Matrix" of the Metal Slug...sometimes the slow stuff can be your best defense

normally I would say Metal Slug X...but 2 is so fun!

Metal Slug 3. It has the best use of the Neo color pallette of the entire series, along with probably the smoothest animation for the seemingly endless variety of critters to kill, and the humongous bosses. Not to mention its the most bang for your buck game in the series, with level 5 being almost an entire Metal Slug game in itself, taking about 20 minutes to complete.

Metal Slug the original, while being fantastic with its detail in the explosions and toilet humor, suffers from some bad control mechanics and a really weak color pallette. Most of the game is just different hues of Tan, Green and Brown. It still looks good, but the glaring difference between this and 3 is obvious.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing 2,X, or 4. MSX looks darn good though and I would consider paying the large sum this game commands for an AES cart of this.

I know... Metal Slug 3 is awesome. I got the 1st print of the Japanese version... back sometime in 2001 I believe it was. I had to drop $350 to get it... but IMO it was worth every penny.

I haven't got to play 4 or 5 yet. I had a couple in stock... I just couldn't play them because they were new.

I really do love Metal Slug 1 and 2 as well.... 2 suffered from some serious slowdown issues.

good stuff though!

†B†V† :hat

Definitely Metal Slug 1, 3, X are Great!!
Metal Slug 2 and 5 are Good!!
Metal Slug 4 is the weakest.

The Last Level of Metal Slug 6 (Atomiswave) is Awesome!!

Metal Slug is my Favorite Series!!
and I like playing all of them!!

8man
My AES and AW Slugs