KOF '97

Joined Jun 2004
283 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
I got the cartridge for this game a few weeks or so ago (time frame? Not sure). Anyways, I really love it. KOF definitely has to be played on the Neo to enjoy it thoroughly. I had no idea that there was blood in KOF until I got the AES and CD versions.:D

Anyways, there is a huge cast of characters. Some of my favorites being Terry, Mai, Kyo, and Iori. There is a lot you can do in the game and a pretty descent combo system. 3 and 3 matches are a blast.

The graphics are pretty sweet too. The colors are nice and the characters are large and lovable. The cast here is really great. I don't know about you guys, but I have to be able to get into the characters to enjoy a game.

I am still working on the storyline. I can't seem to get past the 4th or 5th stage. I so need a memory card.

Anyways, KOF '97 gets much love from me. Anyone else?

actually..... I have this on The Neo CD. Many people do not like the load times, but I have defeated this game :)

Its a great game with great graphics, and gameplay..... IMO a well balanced fighter.

†B†V† :hat

KOF 97 is definatly one of the best of the series, although the super moves power bars kinda annoy me, its a great game none the less.

But KOF 96 totally owns it lol :lol

Kof '97 and '98 are the best chapters.

The loading times are really annoying, but I support them very well. (Kof saga is the only one affected by these loading times, the other games load quite well).

But I really hate the elevated diffculty in the bosses :'(

KOF 97 on CD is so much better than the cart. I still think the Neogeo CD is the superior system.

Dr_Ackula said:
KOF 97 is definatly one of the best of the series, although the super moves power bars kinda annoy me, its a great game none the less.

But KOF 96 totally owns it lol  :lol

Respect! KOF '96 rocks the house hard. ::D

I like 96, but I am particular to King of Fighter 97 and 99... I love those on the Neo CD even though the loads are slow.

I am not sure I like any of the KOF's. To be honest, I think the only two Neogeo games I ever really loved were Samurai Shodown 2 and The Last Blade. I have not played Samurai Shodown 1 though. Samurai Shodown 2 is just the best though. I have my Neogeo hooked up solely to play that game.

Hmm..Im not sure but isn't this on Playstation as well? I know I own a KOF game but Im not sure what year, but Im believing its '97. What's the difference in the two on both consoles?

I am not sure either... but I'll tell you.. for the Neo Geo CD system *even though load times are a little longer* ... I love The King of Fighters 97 and 99.

I've never really broke those out on the AES because I've had them for the Neo CD... NOW.. I've played them a little on the AES though... especially when I had stock of them come through.

Bv :hat

Naw I dont have '97 for PS, I have '99 for PS. I think thats when K' Prime first appears. Man..when I was playing it the graphics and the whole animation was crappy! I can't believe that this was the ish back in the days though. :lol

I do like the Capcom vs SNK seris, I got Capom vs SNK 2 for PS2 and I just be killin' it with Terry Bogard and Irori. I love them!

Bman409 said:
Naw I dont have '97 for PS, I have '99 for PS. I think thats when K' Prime first appears. Man..when I was playing it the graphics and the whole animation was crappy! I can't believe that this was the ish back in the days though. :lol

I do like the Capcom vs SNK seris, I got Capom vs SNK 2 for PS2 and I just be killin' it with Terry Bogard and Irori. I love them!
you thought the animation was crappy? :?

Bv :hat

Yeah the animation seemed choppy to me as if I was playing on Genesis or something. Street Fighter was nothing like that when it hit Playstation.

Bman409 said:
Yeah the animation seemed choppy to me as if I was playing on Genesis or something. Street Fighter was nothing like that when it hit Playstation.
wait.. you are saying the Neo version was choppy? ... I just wanted to clarify.

Well I got KOF'99 for PS and the animation is choppy! I played it in the arcades and its still the same.

Interesting. I don't remember the AES version being choppy ;-)