Which should I buy: SVC: Chaos related

Joined Jun 2004
283 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
A green Xbox with Snk vs. Capcom: Chaos or the Snk vs. Capcom: Chaos Home Cart?

I think the XBOX controller is a bit too clunky for fighting games. But the green XBOX is pretty cool, so I would probably go with that anyway.

Go with the Xbox Winter. It will not only be for one game but many many others, so its a much better value. And I feel confident that the port of SVC will be pretty darn dead-on.

And in regards to the Xbox controller, as long as you have the S-Type its not bulky at all, and works really well for fighters, but the original controllers are a pain for fighters.

One thing I heard a few days ago (and saw) was that SVC: Chaos seems to be censored. At this point, it is not 100% confirmed that that is the case. However, I do not think I could pick up SVC: Chaos on Xbox if it was censored.

What do you think? Any opinions?

Check IGN.com for the SVC: Chaos videos.

Its really hard to say......

I know you like the AES, so I want to stear you in that direction.... as some ports just are not that great.

Iam not sure about the Xbox version...

You saw what happened to the PS2 version of KOF 2000/2001 double pack. :-X

†B†V† :hat

winter said:
One thing I heard a few days ago (and saw) was that SVC: Chaos seems to be censored. At this point, it is not 100% confirmed that that is the case. However, I do not think I could pick up SVC: Chaos on Xbox if it was censored.

What do you think? Any opinions?

Check IGN.com for the SVC: Chaos videos.

Censored in what way? That seems odd to me that it would be censored...and metal slug 3 wasn't.

I am not sure exactly. Two things people are saying is that 1. the early version is censored 2. the announcer is different.

Also, from the video I saw, it may be running a little slower than the arcade, but it could just be quicktime doing that.

If SVC: Chaos is an exact port, I will definitely pick it up. I mean KOTOR 2 is coming to the Xbox. But if its not, I will probably just forgo both games and get the home cart version.

Something happened today that completely changed my opinion of SNK Playmore. Needless to say, I will not be buying SNK vs. Capcom Chaos on Xbox or any further releases from now until the demise of their company.

winter said:
Something happened today that completely changed my opinion of SNK Playmore. Needless to say, I will not be buying SNK vs. Capcom Chaos on Xbox or any further releases from now until the demise of their company.

what happened?

you can pm if you want :)

Unfortunately, I am not permitted to go into details. However, I can only recommend that nobody buys from this company. I.E. Anything after Samurai Shodown 5: Special.

winter said:
Unfortunately, I am not permitted to go into details. However, I can only recommend that nobody buys from this company. I.E. Anything after Samurai Shodown 5: Special.

Oh don't be so hard on SNKP.  :)  They're a great company they just made a tiny mistake and forgot to unlock the Fatalities in the SSVs home version. It looks as if they are recalling the games to be fixed. I personally Like SNKP and suggest you continue to go ahead with your purchase, if you have an AES system, I would not suggest buying and XBOX and a port of SVC CHaos, you'd be better off with the home cart. That's just my personal opinion. ::D The AES version of SVC Chaos is one of my favorite games (its 2nd to the Metal SLug series in my opinion). Now only if we all could get them to port both of these games to a great system, like the GAMECUBE. :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't hate SNKP, they're not all the bad...

Oddly enough, I was not referring to the Samurai Shodown 5 Special issue. I can understand why SNKP blocked out the fatalities in SS5: Special. The bones cracking fatality is one of the worst I have seen for any game.

I was referring to something that happened privately in my relations with the company that happened before the SS5 Special issue but after the change over in personal of the US branch.

In reality, it is not the Japanese branch of SNKP that I have a problem with. It is the US branch.

Thank you for the suggestions NeoRyu. I will be getting the cart version. There is some debate as to whether the Xbox version of SVC: Chaos is going to be censored or not.

NEOryu said:
winter said:

Oh don't be so hard on SNKP.  :)  They're a great company they just made a tiny mistake and forgot to unlock the Fatalities in the SSVs home version. It looks as if they are recalling the games to be fixed. I personally Like SNKP and suggest you continue to go ahead with your purchase, if you have an AES system, I would not suggest buying and XBOX and a port of SVC CHaos, you'd be better off with the home cart. That's just my personal opinion. ::D The AES version of SVC Chaos is one of my favorite games (its 2nd to the Metal SLug series in my opinion). Now only if we all could get them to port both of these games to a great system, like the GAMECUBE. :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't hate SNKP, they're not all the bad...

well... Just to put my say into this.... I am not sure why people have a problem with censored games.

We could live with the snes being censored forever... Games get censored..... and I don't want to miss out on a game just because it was censored.