Has anyone tried out a Nintendo 64 disk drive

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I have had a couple through my shop... they are cool little machines.

I got to play a few games... namely sim City 64. You can zoom down to the streets, walk them and talk with your citizens.

I want to try the N64 expansion for F-zero.... I hear that is pretty cool as well.

Anyone else get to try these?

†B†V† :hat

I sold my N64 before the DD came out. Didn't it get canned in America?

it got canned in the US.

Basically the disc drive fits under the N64.
It will work with the US N64 systems.

It played special made discs..... that are read/writeable..... so you could create your own dungeons...etc.

Actually... there was a URA Zelda that was supposed to come out for it, that was an expansion for Ocarina of Time. You could actuallly make your own dungeons ...etc.

That URA Zelda became the Master Quest zelda that you see in the Zelda Special edition pack (not the 4-in-1 pack, but the Ocarina of time that came with Wind Waker pre-orders).

there is an F-zero Expansion that allows you to create tracks...etc..

it really was a great idea!

I had a few come through my store that were $400-450 brand new in box.... with 1-2 games.
They are getting rare.... and are expensive.... but a great piece to have. Unfortunately.... I didn't have enough money to keep any that I had in stock :( I couldn't buy them from the shop :lol

I actually e-mailed Nintendo when the N64 was big, and asked them what fit in the expansion slot in the bottom. They told me that nothing was out that would use that port, and they didn't plan on making anything that would fit. They lied to me...

no.... they were giving you an answer for the US system.

There is nothing out in the US to fit that port.

BUT the Japanese system DOES fit the US system, and can be used with a US system :)

actually... there is some excellent information here:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/nindb/index2.shtml

regarding the Nintendo 64 DD