Atari Lynx Lynx Lovers??

Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts | 0+
London
Anyone?

I reckon its a pretty good system tbh. Sure there aren't a load of great games but there are some, its still very easy and cheap to buy, and it is a little piece of history being the first colour handheld. Double Dragon, Stun Runner and Zarlor Mercenary are my favs.

was this the 1st color... or was the game gear?

I forget :? :-\

I like some of the games for it... IE Gates of Zendocon... Steel TAlons.. warbirds..etc.

but a lot of the games are mediocre at best, unfortunately.

Plus... my screen doesn't have "vibrant" color... it has a lot of "white wash"

†B†V† :hat

Bluevoodu said:
was this the 1st color... or was the game gear?
Lynx was the first.

Bluevoodu said:
but a lot of the games are mediocre at best, unfortunately.

Plus... my screen doesn't have "vibrant" color... it has a lot of "white wash"

Sadly the 2 main problems with the lynx I think. The screens were fairly "white washed" when they first came out, and the contrast dial never did much to help either.

And there are a lot of mediocre games too :(..but then some awesome games like Stun Runner, Blue Lightening, Chips Challenge, APB, Double Dragon, Zarlor Mercenary (one of the best shooters ever), Lemmings, Xenophobe etc. Plus the homebrew/proto scenes throw up some 'interesting' items from time to time..like word tetris! (Lexis)

Heh, I should have scrolled down a little before posting my topic of getting one, my bad! I'm really excited to have a lynx now (which came with a nifty carrying case, might I add). Ninja Gaiden is frickin' hard!!! Blue lightning is a lot of fun, I've ogne through the first three levels so far. What other games can you guys suggest for the system?

wheelaa said:
Lynx was the first.

Sadly the 2 main problems with the lynx I think. The screens were fairly "white washed" when they first came out, and the contrast dial never did much to help either.
yeah... I am not sure if I stated this.. but I have a Lynx 2 system.... and the screen is white washed now.... does the color degrade over time?
Or are they known for that?

Aprilsrain... do you still have your lynx?

Bv :hat

I have three of the Lynx 2s. My sceens have not lost any of the color. I have had my systems since day one. I ordered mine from Atari at the time. At least I have not noticed any color loss. I was thinking at the time about how amazing the screen still is. I know it is not a DS lite or a PSP contender, but it is a good little sceen that gets the job done. :)

The screen was pretty good back in it's day. I always had to use the sun visor from atari to get rid of glare(outdoors). I had 12 games. Blue Lightning, Electro Cop, Super Skweek, Zalor Mercenary, California Games, Dracula, Rygar, and Turbo Sub were a few of them.

Still loving my Lynx! I have had it out this week, this past weekend, yesterday and today, playing Stun Runner, Rygar, and Shadow of the Beast. Shadow of the Beast must be the best looking Lynx game that was made. At least it is the best looking of the games that I own and it seems to be very hard.

Stun Runner
Rygar
Toki
Blue Lightning
Gates of Zendocon
Shanghai
Hydra
Ms. Pacman
Klax
Are favorites and get more play than any of the other games I own. For me, after all these years the Lynx stands the test of time. I can still find fun in playing it, even with all the modern portables that we have excess to. :rockin

My favorite Lynx title was Gauntlet 3, the only platform that game was released on. Chip's Challenge was fun, too.

I still really like these 2 games a lot:
Blue Lightning
Gates of Zendocon

I used to like Warbirds a lot more... but it seems like my display doesn't look at good maybe? Or that it has more of a "white out" effect than before.

Warbirds received a 5.0 rating if I am correct...

Blue Lightning
Gates of Zendocon
Are still some of my favorites too. I have recently been found playing Rygar on my Lynx. To me, it is the best home version of the game. I can still remember the thrill while playing Gates of Zendocon and discovering you could go past some of the gates at the end and find other gates.