Heeeeelllp!

Joined Feb 2005
716 Posts | 0+
My x-box turns on, and then the power thing flashes orange and green and it doesn't boot up. What do I do?! I think my roommate played it last...grr.

Uh.....thats bad. I believe red and green is one of the worst light combos for the xbox. I believe it means no AV pack........not sure about it though. It is most likely an internal error, possibly a cracked motherboard, bad wiring, or something wrong with the hard drive. Is it still under warranty? Have you tried modding it?

I believe the green-orange flashing means that the AV cables are not connected. Check the connections at both ends.

i believe the one you are talking about is green-yellow, or maybe just green.........what Aprilsrain is talking about is more of a red (correct me if im wrong)

According to the official Xbox manual, flashing orange means the system is too hot and should be allowed to cool. Flashing green and orange means there are problems with the AV cables or connection. All other patterns (green-red, etc.) should be called in to 1-800-4MYXBOX

fine then :p at least i had the green-red part down :lol check your connections, aprilsrain, and let us know

LOL! Yeah, my AV plug wasn't plugged in after all! I feel like an idiot now. I knew there was a reason I was more into handhelds ;)

I hate it when people leave their Xbox's on for countless hours, even days, and they complain when they try to play a game, only for the fact that the laser in it is so damn messed up now, they deserve it. Everyone knows, When your done playing, Save your shit, turn the system off, and make sure all CD's are removed from the Xbox (Apparently leaving CD's in your consoles is bad for PS2 and Xbox alike, something about messin with the laser, I'm not sure how)

The constant reading from the laser and the heat generated by the system move the alignment of the laser which is why it is not recommended to leave your system on for long periods of time.

Ahh... Brilliant Sir! I need to keep that one in mind, so I can throw it in someone face, kinda like those little facts that people gather about smoking and then when they see you light up, they suddenly just spew them at you...

sick pacman said:
bUT IF THAT WAS TRUE YOU COULD RENT GAMES AND COPY THEM?! darn caps lock

Thats how most people do it. Its very true. Thats actually true for PS2 also. But of course you need the HD.

^and of course is highly illegal and will keep you from playing on Xbox Live and will label you as both a pirate, and cheap failure at life.