Remember back when...

Joined Nov 2006
289 Posts | 0+
Alabama
you bought ur first xbox. what all did you get for it and when did u buy it?

mine was may 2001. which was a horrible time to buy because in june 2001 ( i think it was ) the price dropped from 300$ to 200$. Just my luck. I got..

Xbox
extra controller
Halo
NFL Fever 2002
WWF Raw

i think i stayed up until 4 in the morning playing halo. then 6 hours later i sold WWF Raw after playing it 20 minutes. :lol

i got mine 2 xmass ago with

ssx tricky
burnout 3
halo
halo 2
halo 2 map pack
fable
ghost recon
star wars republic commando

thats it!

I traded a .22 caliber rifle for my Xbox right after the 360 was released. Lazyness or thriftyness is my excuse. :D

I got mine about 3 summers ago with Halo and Morrowind. I played Morrowind for 14 straight hours... that is about all i can remember about excitting times with my xbox. that and jade empire.... i really wish i never would have got one

Got mine used back in November and have had a great time with it. Still getting a 360, but will keep the XBOX for old games the 360 won;t play. What's weird now is that it's impossible to find a new original XBOX anywhere while the PS2 is still selling great. Plus, a few stores have also stopped selling original xbox accessories.

Gil said:
Got mine used back in November and have had a great time with it. Still getting a 360, but will keep the XBOX for old games the 360 won;t play. What's weird now is that it's impossible to find a new original XBOX anywhere while the PS2 is still selling great. Plus, a few stores have also stopped selling original xbox accessories.

well, the 360 came out a long time before the ps3, so they're still phasing the ps2, while the original xbox was phased out long before it.

You can find refurbished ones on the cheap, but the days of buying a new in the box Xbox have gone the way of the dodo.

Dart said:
You can find refurbished ones on the cheap, but the days of buying a new in the box Xbox have gone the way of the dodo.

unless you enjoy buying the very rare brand new in box never used NR xbox's on ebay for a starting bid of $130.. very rare btw lol.

akuza said:
unless you enjoy buying the very rare brand new in box never used NR xbox's on ebay for a starting bid of $130.. very rare btw lol.

Yeah true. But then all you get is a cardboard box. Whhpie. I have the original box for my Saturn. And all it does is take up space.

Dart said:
Yeah true. But then all you get is a cardboard box. Whhpie. I have the original box for my Saturn. And all it does is take up space.

yeah "Brand New In Box" doesn't mean a whole lot. It just shows that they were able to keep the box and wrapping that came with it and make it look like new on ebay. But hey it sells.

I have a Halo edition XBOX still sealed in the box waiting to sell on ebay. The prices aren't high enough yet though so I'm holding on to it still.

My first XBOX I got in March of 2003 I believe. I had Morrowind and Buffy the Vampire Slayer for it. Awesome games, actually. And I think I still have both games! ^_^