is the xbox dead?

Joined Aug 2007
969 Posts | 0+
Michigan
i have noticed that very few games are coming out for the xbox and im soon getting rid of mine to get a 360, my friend did somthing like that too so i was wondering, is the xbox dead?

oh yes, my friend, very dead. microsoft wont even go as far as mentioning it these days. i dont believe they are even being made. that said, there are a lot of good xbox games that are still pretty easy to find at your local gamestore, used or otherwise, its worth looking around.

There are almost no games coming for it. Microsoft's pulled all first party support and very few third parties are still developing for it.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
There are almost no games coming for it. Microsoft's pulled all first party support and very few first parties are still developing for it.

actually none, and also none. everything was gone like a year ago

Well Im pretty sure everyone on the board knows my favorite Xbox game, and yes, its the last one I bought for the system

Yeah the only legacy that the Xbox has is the used market. And like every other console that has been discontinued, it has turned into some great cheap fun. :D

Dart said:
Yeah the only legacy that the Xbox has is the used market. And like every other console that has been discontinued, it has turned into some great cheap fun. :D

Yeah..Cheap is right..When I inquired at Gamestop about how much I would be given towards a trade in on a 360, I decided to keep my big black box :lol

I consider having no games being made for it, being discontinued by the manufacturer, being left in the dust by the next gen, and being generally unmentioned by the company that made it quite dead.

fhqwhgads said:
I consider having no games being made for it, being discontinued by the manufacturer, being left in the dust by the next gen, and being generally unmentioned by the company that made it quite dead.

That and the fact that you can download original Xbox games onto your 360 this December.